“Not a good deal.”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Kernersville
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Recently, my wife and I stayed overnight at this property on our way to Cherokee from Wilmington. The staff were pleasant and helpful but the room was cramped and uncomfortable. The bathroom was about the size of a port-a-john and the room was quite small with no closet and little drawer space. On our return back home, we stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Lexington, NC, just down the road, for the same price. I will only stay here if it is the only game in town.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Pamela W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to survey the Sleep Inn of Kernersville. We are sorry we fell below your expectations with the size of the room. We are in a 100% renovation state & would love for you to join us the next time you are in our area.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 5 March 2013

The other good reviews of this property led my family and I to book a two-night stay at this hotel. We arrived during what must be a major lobby renovation. You must check in to the hotel through a small window at the hotel's entrance. We had to wait, at 10 p.m. on a Saturday night, for four other people to check in ahead of us. There was only one person working the desk, but truthfully, there did not seem to be room for anyone else to be in the room with her. She was very friendly and there were no complaints there. Our room was OK. The beds were not very cushy, the bathroom trash had not been emptied (there was still someone's feminine waste product in the trash can) and the back of the television and dresser were very dusty. Because of the renovation, guests are each given $5 gift cards to the nearby McDonald's for breakfast. I actually preferred this option to the Continental breakfasts served at other Choice hotels. That McDonald's did a great job with breakfast. I think they should continue that option and just decide not to serve breakfast themselves. The people working at the hotel were nice, however, the cleaners need to be more circumspect with their cleaning.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank sherrikw
Pamela W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Thank you for bringing to my attention your issue with the Sleep Inn of Kernersville on your last visit. All your comments help us build a stronger staff & continue training to better our property. We have had very good responses on offering the McDonald Gift Cards as a choice instead of our breaksfast here. I am so pleased you enjoyed it & will let you know you are among many.I was elated to hear that our Staff was friendly & helpful. I do pardon our mess during the renovation of the property & the Lobby/Breakfast areas are the most difficult areas to get done, but I am pleased to say we are almost finished & hope the next time you are in our area you will see the inprovements we have done. We are very excited.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

My son, daughter-in-law and I traveled to Greensboro, NC to see The Who in concert, a first for all of us. I chose the Sleep Inn in Kernersville because it was a few miles back toward Winston-Salem, where we hoped to visit friends the next day. When we checked in, the folks at the desk were so helpful, and because they accepted our TripAdvisor coupon, I decided to get a separate room for my son and his wife, instead of them having to share a room with me. They gave us wonderful directions to the Coliseum that took us straight to the parking lot nearest the front entrance. I had to use the fax services because I actually left my ticket at home! I was in a panic, but my husband faxed the ticket to me, and I was so glad they had a fax machine there that we could use. The rooms were so clean and nice. I especially liked the design of the shower. All in all, it was a wonderful trip, and the folks at Sleep Inn helped make it that way!

Room Tip: I was located on the side near the interstate, but I couldn't really hear it - so all rooms are...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Pamela W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments on your last visit to the Sleep Inn of Kernersville. We were very happy to accommodate your 2nd room with the Trip Advisor discount special you found on their site. These discounts are offered by many properties & an excellent way to save on hotel accommodations these days. We were also delighted you found us comfortable & the staff knowledgeable & helpful. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Triad area. Continue to search the site for future discounts that you can use.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 6 September 2012

I have stayed here every year for a few days for the past several years at different times of the year and it has always been a great experience,,It seems to be a quiet and safe area with easy acess in and out, The staff are great, friendly and helpful and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. Check out is easy and i hope to stay there again next year..

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on the ground floor for ease of acess , noise level is still low,,,
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Pamela W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time & commenting on your last visit in our area & your wonderful stay at the Sleep Inn of Kernersville. We are always elated to hear when we have taken such good care of our repeat guest. This makes all our hard work worth praising our staff.

We will look forward to your next visit with us. Once again thank you from all of us at the Sleep Inn Kernersville.

Pam Donnell

Reviewed 6 September 2012

my husband and i so enjoyed our stay at the Kernersville Sleep Inn. Our room was exceptionally clean, the staff very friendly. We will definitly stay here again on our next overnight trip to the Winston-Salem area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the time you took to inform me of your enjoyable stay at the Sleep Inn of Kernersville. We have reviewed these comments with our staff to keep them uo to date of the great jobs they do for our guest. We will look forward to see you on your next visit to the Heart of the Triad. If I can be of assistance with that reservation please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

I am a single woman and often take long road trips to visit friends and family. Therefore, I'm frequently looking for a clean, safe, economical hotel to spend the night on the road.

I recently stayed at another Sleep Inn property for the first time and was pleasantly surprised, so I decided to try this Sleep Inn when I was passing through Kernersville. I had a great experience. The night attendant on duty when I arrived was friendly and helpful, and the room was bright, clean, and welcoming. The room was quiet - no noise from the floors above or from the hall - and the blackout curtains made it almost too easy to sleep late! I appreciated having a choice of free newspapers. Even the housekeepers who were making up rooms this morning as I was leaving took the time to say good morning as I passed them in the hallway.

Although they don't have a gym on the premises, you can get a reimbursement for the cost of using another local gym nearby, which is a great option. They also have a small walking track near the parking lot with benches under the trees if you want to get some fresh air.

I would happily stay at this Sleep Inn again if I'm passing through the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Pamela W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Thank you for the nice comments you stated about the Sleep Inn of Kernersville during your recent stay in our area. We are always pleased to hear we made you feel welcome & comfortable. It is great to hear you enjoyed a few of the added amenities we offer to our guest at no additional cost.

We do hope you will be back to stay on your next visit or passing through the Triad area.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

During a recent multi-state move, we found ourselves desperately looking for a place to stay around midnight in the Winston-Salem area and I am glad we found this Sleep Inn. It has easy access from the interstate, clean rooms, and all I could ask for in a last minute stop. They have a small continental breakfast (you can ask for a breakfast coupon at the McDonalds directly adjacent to the hotel property) and friendly staff. Although it was directly beside the interstate, the room noise was minimum.

Only one small little issue (which was quickly fixed), so no problems.

If you are an interstate traveler or local for business, I would recommend this without hesitation. If you need an economical stop near Winston Salem, Greensboro, or the GSO airport (and don't mind being a few miles away), I recommend this hotel. If you need to be closer to the city or need airport shuttle, I would pass. Overall, a good hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments on the Sleep Inn of Kernersvile on your recent visit to our area. It is alway great to hear when our staff makes a guest fell as welcome as the Slep Inn did on your recent stay. We strive to make our accomodations clean & comfortable with many free added amenities.

I hope to see you the next time you are in our area.

Pam Donnell GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kernersville
Holiday Inn Express Kernersville
Comfort Suites Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
#30 of 77 in Greensboro
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greensboro

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!