“Decent one night respite from driving.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kernersville
Pittsburgh
“Decent one night respite from driving.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Sleep Inn Kernersville to break up a lengthy drive.
No issues with room, everything was clean and the service professional. So why did I only give 3 stars?
It may seem strange to ding a hotel on the lack of a good breakfast, but nowadays all the decent brands provide a good spread.
In this case I primary chose to spend the money on a hotel to avoid driving 13 hours straight, BUT also because the cost of the hotel was stated to include a decent breakfast: waffles etc... Having a family of 4 an included breakfast makes paying for a night stay more reasonable as eating at a Shoneys or an Ihop can run over $30.
Unfortunately I’m not pleased to say that the breakfast area was so small, crowded and disorganized that we basically skipped breakfast at the hotel and went to McDonalds instead. The food choices at the Sleep Inn looked a bit spartan and attempting to eat the breakfast was not worth the hassle, headache and loss of time on the road as people were lined up to simply get a table. I read prior reviews the hotel was remodeling- it looks like the remodel is complete, but perhaps providing more space to the dining area would have been prudent.
After adding in the cost of the McDonalds breakfast I was in a price range of what a holiday inn express would have been. (Note: if I had stayed there I would have gotten better points and upgraded amenities)
If you are looking for a nice clean room the Sleep Inn Kernersville wouldn’t be a bad choice at all. If you are looking for a decent hotel with a nice breakfast you may want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Pamela W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond to your last visit to the Sleep Inn of Kernersville. We are delighted you found our property clean & the staff polite. I do want to apologize for the busy morning you encountered in the breakfast room. I wish you had taken a closer look as we do have waffles, many hot & cold cereals,danishes,many types of breads,donuts,sausage & egg & cheese bisquits,boiled eggs, yoguart,fruits,juices,coffees,teas & hot cocoa. I know it may have put your driving time a little later & I do understand on long trips we want to get to our destinations.
I hope the remainder of your trip was a pleasant one & that your trip was safe. We would love to have you stay again the next time you are in our area. If I can assist in any way please feel free to contact me.

Pam Donnell GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Clean property and staff was professional and polite. I work in the Win-Sal, High Point, Kernersville area a few times a year and I stay here because its so easy to get to all three and don't have to keep changing hotels every night.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Pamela W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you for finding the Sleep Inn a great location for your needs when in the Triad area. We are blessed to be located to all the major cities & many small towns to help with not having to relocate to another property when making business calls. The staff & I are delighted to know you feel we our property & staff is what you are looking for while traveling.

We look forward to your return visits.

Respectfully,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

The rooms were supper nice!!! It says I stayed July but it was June we has bad storms and didn't have power and I have a son with asthma so we had to get his treatments and this place was very nice and easy to get to!!! Supper clean and neat!!! Easy check in and out!!! I will be staying here again if I loose my power again!!

• Stayed July 2012
Pamela W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you for the time you took to respond about your visit to the Sleep Inn of Kernersville. I am so sorry it was not under better circumstance due to the bad storms occuring in our area. We are delighted the experience you encounted with us was more pleasant then the weather. We are always delighted to hear how comfortable we made you feel.

We hope to see you again ofcourse under better weather conditions & if we can be of assistance please feel free to contact us.

Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

I always stay at this hotel when i cme to visit my son and daughter. The staff is always nice and helpful and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. I stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms and it was very nice adding the microwave into the rooms was very helpful as my wife and I like tonack on popcorn at night.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Pamela W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your last visit to the Sleep Inn of Kernersville. We are so pleased you found the newly renovated rooms great with the microwaves for your comfort during snack time. We want to also thank you for being such a loyal customer to the Sleep Inn. We are looking forward to your return visits

Respetfully

Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

Second time staying here and not disappointed...already made reservations for next trip in August. Friendly helpful staff. Remodeled room with comfortable bed. Only drawback is the breakfast area is a bit crowded. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Pamela W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Thank you for the time you took to survey us on your last visit to the Sleep Inn of Kernersville. We appreciate that you enjoyed the newly remodeled room. We are looking forward to seeing you on your return visit in August. We have given praise to our staff for a job well done for you.

Thank you again & have a great summer.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Recently, my wife and I stayed overnight at this property on our way to Cherokee from Wilmington. The staff were pleasant and helpful but the room was cramped and uncomfortable. The bathroom was about the size of a port-a-john and the room was quite small with no closet and little drawer space. On our return back home, we stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Lexington, NC, just down the road, for the same price. I will only stay here if it is the only game in town.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Pamela W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to survey the Sleep Inn of Kernersville. We are sorry we fell below your expectations with the size of the room. We are in a 100% renovation state & would love for you to join us the next time you are in our area.

Respectfully,

Loxley, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

The other good reviews of this property led my family and I to book a two-night stay at this hotel. We arrived during what must be a major lobby renovation. You must check in to the hotel through a small window at the hotel's entrance. We had to wait, at 10 p.m. on a Saturday night, for four other people to check in ahead of us. There was only one person working the desk, but truthfully, there did not seem to be room for anyone else to be in the room with her. She was very friendly and there were no complaints there. Our room was OK. The beds were not very cushy, the bathroom trash had not been emptied (there was still someone's feminine waste product in the trash can) and the back of the television and dresser were very dusty. Because of the renovation, guests are each given $5 gift cards to the nearby McDonald's for breakfast. I actually preferred this option to the Continental breakfasts served at other Choice hotels. That McDonald's did a great job with breakfast. I think they should continue that option and just decide not to serve breakfast themselves. The people working at the hotel were nice, however, the cleaners need to be more circumspect with their cleaning.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sherrikw
Pamela W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Thank you for bringing to my attention your issue with the Sleep Inn of Kernersville on your last visit. All your comments help us build a stronger staff & continue training to better our property. We have had very good responses on offering the McDonald Gift Cards as a choice instead of our breaksfast here. I am so pleased you enjoyed it & will let you know you are among many.I was elated to hear that our Staff was friendly & helpful. I do pardon our mess during the renovation of the property & the Lobby/Breakfast areas are the most difficult areas to get done, but I am pleased to say we are almost finished & hope the next time you are in our area you will see the inprovements we have done. We are very excited.

Pam Donnell GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kernersville
Holiday Inn Express Kernersville
#32 of 76 in Greensboro
Quality Inn and Suites Airpark East
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greensboro
Seven Oaks Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!