“Very comfortable”

Holiday Inn Express Kernersville
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Kernersville
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We enjoyed our two nights here after several days of traveling. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff was very nice. We slept well and were able to use their free guest laundry. We would have liked to stay longer but they were booked for the weekend.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank redbirdgirl1965
hiekernersville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kernersville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed every part of your stay. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff. Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed here Sept 13th and 14th. The service was excellent. Meredith, working the front desk in the morning, went above and beyond the call of duty. I was having difficulty printing off directions from mapquest.com and she went ahead and did it for me all while answering the phone and helping other customers. The whole staff was very helpful, friendly and courteous. The facilities were clean and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a good nights sleep right off the highway!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Richard E
hiekernersville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kernersville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Kernersville. I am pleased to hear hear that Meredith and the rest of our team was able to create a pleasurable stay for you. I have shared your comments with the team. We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 15 September 2013

My business partner and I stay here twice a year for a week each during the High Point furniture market and have enjoyed each stay. Its a great location just off from the highway and 18 minutes from the GSO airport - I know because we have timed the trip for early morning departures! We take highway 66 into High Point which is an easy and enjoyable drive.
I usually don't review Holiday Inns however the staff at Kernersville is outstanding - always friendly and helpful no matter what time of day. The rooms are what you would expect for a Holiday Inn Express - clean, efficient, great showers and some of the best pillows of any hotel I have stayed at around the world regardless of price! I love my pillows and this is like having a pillow buffet each labeled as to its softness or firmness.

The morning breakfast service which is provided as part of the room rate is staffed by a wonderful older woman who makes you feel you like are dining at home - warm and caring. The selections are fine and the coffee is hot and fresh - not 5 star dining but certainly a welcome way to start the day.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the front entrance are easy to access - second level rooms towards the front are close...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We strive to deliver great service and comfortable accommodations to our valued guests every day and we are happy you took the time to acknowledge our efforts. Again, your business and kind words are much appreciated. We hope to have you back with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have to start by saying that the staff couldn't be better here. They did a great job ensuring breakfast was attended too and any other need was met. The distance to the baseball/soccer complex in Kernersville is very convenient and about a 5 minute drive.

I was disappointed in our stay with the quality of the room. Our room was on the first floor and had an overwhelming stale cigarette smell. So much that everything smelt like it when we returned home. The room AC seemed to worked fine but everything in the room was very damp. We had several flies and mosquitos in the room that we had to kill. The bathroom is beyond small but functional. The tile in the bathroom was so poor that the grout bled through the towels on the floor leaving a gross looking rusted mess.

The room was cleaned as best as it could be and the beds slept well once you got used to the stale smell in the room.

Room Tip: Stay on the 1st floor as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Cathy S
hiekernersville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kernersville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad that you let me know of the great service my team provided to you. I am glad to hear that they are truly taking care of our guests. We do strive to provide exceptional accommodations to all who choose to stay with us. I am sorry your overall impression of the property fell short of your expectations. This is not the typical experience received by our patrons and I extend my most sincere apology to you. The maintenance items mentioned in your review have all been addressed. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it helps us to better serve our guests in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed here aug. 10th. The gentleman working the late night desk (1:30 am check-in) bent over backwards to help us out and we greatly appreciate that!!! This is how customer service should be done everywhere! Room was spotless and comfortable. Would definately return!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank ramduallydude
hiekernersville, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kernersville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We strive to deliver great service and comfortable accommodations to our valued guests every day and we are happy you took the time to acknowledge our efforts. We hope to have you back with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is a nice little hotel with fantastic service, especially Meredith at the front desk and the breakfast gals. Meredith was so pleasant at all times, even when multiple guests were lined up and the phone was ringing like crazy. She just smiled and took care of everyone with a positive attitude. Our stay certainly was better because of how we were treated.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank CliffjT

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Kernersville. I am so glad that you let me know of the great service my team provided to you. I am glad to hear that they are truly taking care of our guests. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope you will stay again in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

When i enter a hotel the first thing i look for is how i'm greeted by the front desk clerk or clerks. Here in Kernersville, NC - Dena & Meredith greeted me like the Holiday Inn Express expect there staff to handle each customer. Their service and the information they provided on how to get around these parts of North Caroline was outstanding, they dealt with each customer with the same smile and service. Both of them would make me think of Kernersville, first when I'm in these parts of NC.... Every front desk clerk should be train to provide this same type of service throughout all Holiday Inn Express. Great Job!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank keith h

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kernersville
Hampton Inn Kernersville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 3 in Clemmons

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kernersville? Share your experiences!