“It would have been very good except for a few glitches.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kernersville
North Augusta, South Carolina
“It would have been very good except for a few glitches.”
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Pros: Friendly staff
Nice, well stocked complimentary breakfast
Quiet
Inexpensive
Ample parking
Comfortable bed with lots of pillows
Heater made the room toasty in like 2 minutes
Cons: Burn hole on the bedspread
Next night a roach on the bed. I guess the bug was smoking in bed. Otherwise clean with a little wear and tear.
Not many quick service restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
boss064, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Thank you fo bring to my attention of the problem with the burnt spread-I have reviewed this with our staff so it should not happen again-I also want to thank you for the nice comments you stated & have let the staff know that they are doing a good job. It is nice to hear when our guest are satisfied-I hope to have you stay on your next trip to our area-Please contact me me if I can be of assistance with this-
Pam Donnell GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Morehead City, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 August 2011

An older motel with many signs of wear-and-tear, but if all you want is a place to sleep cheap, this is the best buy in K'Ville. Staff was exceptionally friendly. Airport is close by.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Kernersville hotels

Reviewed 17 July 2011

Arrived late in the evening, receptionist was very friendly and check-in was quick. Room was a little small and seemed even smaller with large bed and rest of furniture. The room was clean with average bath facilities. Had a recliner which was great to relax after a full day on the road. They do offer a breakfeast which I did not partake in. Great for people travelling thru. If in area would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
boss064, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the Quality Inn of Kernersville. we are pleased to know when we are satisfying our guest. We hope to see you on your next visit to our area.
Respectfully Pam Donnell GM
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2011

clean hotel, pleasant to stay - staff was very nice. Breakfast some mornings was a little lacking (eveb atn 7 am ) but for free it wasnt bad at all....overall a good place to stay for business

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
boss064, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 23 May 2011
Thank you for bringing to my attention the oj & waffle mix condition. I will get with the proper staff to see that problem is resolved in the future. Twas elated to hear the condition of your room was great espically the pillows. I hope to see you on your next return to our area. You contribution helps us run a more efficient property.

Have A Great Summer

Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 20 May 2011

After a horrible experience at The King's Inn around the corner, I stayed at this hotel. It's a bit pricey for what I was needing ($68.84 after taxes), but definitely one of the better properties in the area. Very clean and I loved the pillows so much that I wanted to take some with me, hahaha! I wish every hotel had pillows that were this comfortable.

My only complaint was with the breakfast. The waffle batter had been watered down so much that I couldn't get one made that wasn't an oily mush, even after three tries, so I gave up. The orange juice was also watered down, and they only had skim milk. Yuck!

The manager apologized for the lack of 2% milk and said they weren't expecting the rush they had that week. She couldn't explain the watering down of OJ and waffle batter, so I left it alone.

Overall, it's a nice place to stay. I would do it again, but eat breakfast at the Waffle House across the street.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
boss064, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 23 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to inform me of the waffle mix & oj that you had for in the breakfast room during your last stay with us. The staff has reviewed your problems & with comments like the ones you posted have now taught them to remedy those issues. We were p;ease to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us. We hope to see you on your return visit to our area. Please call if I can be of assistance in the future.

Have a safe summer

P Donnell GM
Waynesville, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Came to kernersville to see family the staff treated me so much like family it was just as hard to leave them as my real family

Room Tip: all the rooms i bet are the best
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank canesfan53
boss064, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 20 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to inform me of your wonderful stay in Kernersville at the Quality Inn. We do appreciate hearing how we treat our guest. You are very important to us as well as your stay at our location. I hope to see you on your next trip in the Triad area & since we are the the Heart of the Triad I hope you will be joining us in the future.Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance @ 336-996-3501.

Pam Donnell gm
Princeton, West Virginia
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Nice clean motel and great location. Not in the middle of the city but still close enough to everything. When I called to make reservations the manager was so nice and very helpful. When we arrived the room was ready and the staff was very nice. We had only been in room about 5 minutes when staff called to make sure everything was ok with room, that was first time anyone had ever done that. The rooms were cleaned daily and everyone was so nice.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
boss064, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 18 May 2011
Thank you for the wonderful review we received from you from Tripadvisor. It is guest like you that will help us obtain the recognition we strive so hard to acheive. We hope to see you again on your return trips to our area. Please bring a copy of this response so we can offer you a 10% discount on your next stay with us. If I can be of assistance please do not hesitate to contact me @ 336-996-3501.

Pam Donnell GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kernersville
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn Hanes Mall
#22 of 38 in Winston Salem
Quality Inn and Suites Airpark East
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greensboro

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!