See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I checked in early in the morning and then went off visiting my family. When I returned that night, all my luggage and belongings were gone. Staff just stated they couldn't do anything and the same with the police. A bag of clothes was found in the laundry room but they still said no suspects and I probably left the door open. Only my stuff was gone, TV and coffee maker still there. Place is unsafe, run down, and full of thieves.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Carol A
Pamela W, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Carol, I want to take the time once again to apologize for the misunderstanding about your luggage during your last stay @ the Quality Inn. I was so delighted to get to know you & get to the final results of this misunderstanding. I am so sorry on how others handled you & some of the responses you received in this situation.

I will look forward to hearing from you the next time you travel to visit family in our area. As previously discussed please contact me so I can assist in your reservations.

Once again from all our staff we appreciate your business & are glad we got to the bottom of this issue.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

My daughters and I had to come down to N. Carolina to stay for a week before we closed on our house, and to get them started in school (we just moved down from Maine)....We were looking for an extended stay hotel in the Greensboro area, but the reviews left me uncomfortable since I was going to be staying without my husband. I wanted something safe, cheap, and clean. It didn't need to be fancy. I think this hotel fit that bill. The included breakfast was very good in that it offered protein choices like hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, or a sausage biscuit, and typical other fare. There are a lot of truckers stopping and staying for the night because of the proximity to the freeway, which also made travel to Summerfield or Greensboro extremely quick because this hotel sits just off I-40. I utilized the fitness center option, which was just 2 miles up I-40 in Kernersville proper, and was promptly reimbursed when I handed in my receipt at the front desk. The front desk staff were very kind and courteous. The beds and bedding were very clean and comfortable. Again, this is a budget hotel, so no frills, but all in all, a good stay for a good price.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the rooms on the far side of the hotel (the back most rooms facing an open field)....I think this made me feel safer because where we parked, people coming and going from all the other rooms cannot see that we are even present....(other than some 18-wheelers which park on the side for the night, but are up and gone early in the morning).
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Pamela W, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for taking your time to let others know about your stay at the Quality Inn of Kernersville. We want to take the time to welcome you to our area & if while getting to know the Triad area we can be of assistance with our knowledge of the area please feel free to contact us.

The Housekeeping staff appreciates hearing we made you feel comfortable & you found your room clean. The Breakfat attendent also appreciates you enjoyed your our breakfast facility.

We hope when family or friends come to visit you they also will find accommodations at the Quality Inn a place they would choose to stay at as well.

Once again thank you for your comments & Welcome to the Triad.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

In June of this year I was up for a family wedding and I also had family (Mom & Sisters) coming in from out of town (NY) for the 2 day event as well. Both trips were long and tiring, driving 10-12 hours straight, we just wanted to relax and gain our strength before the big day.
Nellie, the day time manager, made us feel like Royalty, she went out of her way to accomodate us, sending extra towels, pillows and blankets to make us feel at home without us asking! The rooms were fine and the staff always greeted us with a smile and assisted in our needs. To include, they have a full line up of breakfast essentials (waffles and everything)
These haters & complainers writing reviews, are just that, COMPLAINERS, they forgot the term, "you get what you paid for", and if you treated people with kindness and the way you wanted to be treated things would turn around for you.
WE will be staying here again in the near future - Thank you NELLIE - you are awesome, may God bless you.
Jay-

Room Tip: Here's a tip - If you dont like the room you were given, get another room! Oh and try to be on the first floor..........
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Pamela W, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

God bless you for taking a moment & informing us about your experiences on your lat visit to the Quality Inn of Kernersville. We are delighted after a long trip you were treated like "Royalty" by our staff, especially Nellie. The Quality Inn strives to make each & every guest feel that way. We do try to accommodate our guest every needs, if possible. We are proud of our staff & the condition of our property having majority of the same housekeeping staff since the late 90's.
Knowledge of an arising issue usually can be remedied by a call to the front office ( which may be changing rooms) with a helpful staff willing to aide in this process.

We will look forward for a return visit on your next trip to our area & will be delighted to give you the same or better service you encountered on this trip. Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

On July 27, we arrived at 1am after a long day of traveling to a confused front desk clerk who mischarged our credit card and removed the credit card information for another room we had booked for other family members.

When we drove up to the room, there was a gentleman slumped over, sitting in front of the door next to our room, clearly VERY intoxicated and beaten up. With 2 young kids, we quickly unloaded and locked the door. As if that wasn't startling enough, we were welcomed to a hotel room that looked the same as it had 30 years ago - musty smell, outdated bedding, cheap shampoo/soap, etc..

After getting into the room, we discovered the gentleman who was outside our room was staying next door. 20 minutes later, we realized our room was sandwiched between two truckers who were in a physical altercation. It got so bad that we called the police because the front desk did not answer when we picked up. The police arrived with guns and tasers. Unfortunately, only 1 of the 2 were removed from the property, causing my whole family to lose sleep for fear of what else was to come of the situation. All this while my other family members were on the other side of one of the trucker's rooms with a 3 year old. The ordeal of frightening to say the least.

If this wasn't bad enough, the breakfast the next morning was subpar with few options and a poorly kept dining room.

Upon check out, the front desk clerk accidentally charged the wrong credit card, and indicated "she wasn't able to do anything to adjust the cost". After my husband said a few choice words, we stormed out, unfortunately leaving the clerk in tears.

An outdated hotel and a rough check in is one thing. An altercation outside a hotel room with the guest having to call the police and the hotel not acting on the situation by kicking the man out of his room is another. But inactivity on the staff to right a very wrong situation is simply upsetting.

I chose this hotel not only b/c of location and cost, but because I had seen the manager's comment on TripAdvisor. Now, I will say I am working through these issues with the hotel directly; however, it was a missed opportunity the day we checked out and unfortunately one that has caused damage to the reputation of all Quality Inns. The situation makes my stomach turn, even 2 weeks later.

Unfortunately, I have to recommend you keep driving a few exits east on 40, outside Greensboro.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 40s are facing a field, very secluded from the front desk and main parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank j24633
Pamela W, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

I want to take the time to apologize for the unruly rude guest you experienced on your last visit to the Quality Inn of Kernersville. Please except from our entire staff our deepest regrets that we could not make you comfortable.We want to reassure you that this is not our norm & would love for you to give us the opportunity if you are in our area again.

Once again we can only apologize for the other guest you experienced & hope to see you again.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

It was a bit old and run down but reasonably clean...nothing great. It smelled funny with an overpowering perfume trying tocover up the old mildew smells. The breakfast was OK, mostly just muffins, cereal, and bagels. They did have some yougurt, at least.

Room Tip: Maybe upstairs rooms don't smell as musty since they are not on the damp ground.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Pamela W, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you for your comments about your recent visit to the Qality Inn of Kernersville. We will check into the odd smell & can reassure you that issue will be corrected. We use all comments as building tools to help improve ourselves & these comments only help us know the areas we need to work on.