“Ramada Beach Wedding”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Perrysburg, Ohio
“Ramada Beach Wedding”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My review is simply for my wedding/reception that took place at the Ramada on August 10, 2012. I worked with Candice in sales to get everything squared away since day one - she was always available to answer any questions by phone and was quick to respond via e-mail! My wedding took place just out front of the hotel with outside vendors but Candice assisted my wedding party and I right up until we hit the beach! The Ramada was also very flexible in helping in case of bad weather, I had a back up option ready to go in case of rain (which we were SO lucky to only have a sprinkle!). We were able to have a cocktail hour on the outdoor deck, which guests really seemed to enjoy. The reception was in the 4th floor ballroom and it was everything I could have wanted - it looked beautiful all set up and the room had windows all along the ocean side for a spectacular view! All of the staff members I spoke with who worked at our reception were pleasant and did a fantastic job! The food at the reception was delicious, compliments to the chef! I literally have no complaints about my wedding/reception at the Ramada - it truly was everything I hoped it could be. I highly recommend this to any bride looking to have a beach ceremony and then reception in the same place - You can get everything you want without breaking the bank!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
WALKERSVILLE
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I would not stay in this hotel ever again. We booked "dune view" which should actually be called "no view". It was like being in a pit. There was no view to speak of. You looked out your door to a wall of grass. The pool was closed for 2 of the 4 days we were there. A light in the pool was floating and obviously had to be repaired. Both times the pool was drained and refilled...thus making for a cold swim the next day. So basically we had no pool our entire stay. When we complained we were told we could either go to the YMCA ( which to me is not convenient to load up the car and drive there vs. swimming in ones hotel) or we could walk next door to use their outdoor pool. Well as my luck would have it the 2 days the indoor pool was closed...it rained. We purposely booked a hotel with an indoor pool to give us something to do on a rainy day....The outdoor grill was only open twice during the week. I am not sure why but the hours were sporadic at best. One day our electric went out in our bathroom. Pitch dark. So we didnt have a bathroom that evening while we waited for maintenance to fix it. I had to get dressed to go out to dinner in the lobby bathroom. I wanted a shower after being on the beach but we were not given any other options other than to wait or change in the bathroom. One morning we listened to a phone ringing for at least 30 minutes before complaining to the front desk. I dont think they ever did find the cause of it. Don't try to get an internet connection at this hotel. I never could log on and stay on for more than a few minutes without losing connection, Of course the higher floors may be better than the connection we got in the pit. If you have ANY type of handicap DO NOT stay here. Getting around to the pool or the beach is NOT handicap accessible. And at night its even worse because they lock one exit to the beach requiring you to go out the side of the hotel and up an additional flight of steps, I have a torn meniscus in my knee and I can tell you getting to the beach was such an ordeal I limited my trips down there. My complaints to the front desk were not really acknowledged other than a blanket I am sorry but there isnt anything I can do. All in all this was a HUGE disappointment. We had not had a vacation in 2 years and had really looked forward to this trip. It was the worst vacation I think I have ever had. Guaranteed that I will not be going back to the outer banks and will not recommend this hotel to anyone that is.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

RamadaPlazaNagsHead, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
We are so sorry to hear about your disappointing vacation experience with us. That is not characteristic of our hotel and we are truly sorry that it wasn’t more memorable. We have already begun to research all of your remarks with our staff and will take action immediately.

Travellers are raving about these Kill Devil Hills hotels

VANDERBILT
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Overall the experience was okay. We did not feel that the hotel was as classy as it appeared online. The ocean view room was okay but appear much larger in the online photo. Somewhat disappointing.The staff was generally pleasant. The best attribute I found is that one of the employees (MICKEY) was extremely knowledgeable about anything I asked in regards to the area and willing to help in any way possible. So, my experience was average otherwise - Of course the location of the hotel in proximity to the ocean is the selling point.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

We appreciate you staying with us and thank you for your feedback. We’ll be sure to recognize Mickey for providing you superior service and do hope that you will visit with us again.
CHESAPEAKE
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The hotel we have stayed at 5-6 times, it is a little tired and needs a room overhaul. Great location!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Thanks for staying with us and we hope that you will stay a bit longer next time! We are planning hotel renovations shortly so come back and visit to see all that we’ve done!
WALWORTH
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The room was clean, but very small. Have stayed in similar hotels that offered slightly larger rooms, including larger bathrooms. Also was disappointed about no free continental breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

RamadaPlazaNagsHead, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
We thank you for staying with us here at our oceanfront hotel in OBX. Having a full service hotel, restaurant, and guestrooms with micro and fridge’s, we opt to offer guests affordable room rates and allow guests to select their preferred breakfast options instead.
CORTLANDT MANOR
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The hotel is in an excellent location, right on the beach. That said the room could have used updating and there was no way to lock the back door and then re-access in from the outside. Plus the pet friendly status is nice but we don't have a pet and we had a dog down the hall that barked quite a bit.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Thanks for staying with us and for your comments. We have plans on renovating the hotel in the very near future and will address the remarks you have mentioned. We hope you had a great time while in the Outer Banks area.
WOODBRIDGE
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Expected more since it 's a Ramada but wasn't meet the expectation; out of order ice-maker and had to go to first floor to get ice (stayed at 5th floor) only working ones were at 1st and 2nd floor; a cleanliness wasn't up to par; noisy A/C. Made reservation directly with the hotel but no follow-up protocol email (was promised at the time of reservation and a common practice among this type of business which explaining confirmation, rate, dates, directions and etc...) . Great location but that's all about this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

We value guest opinions and thank you for staying with us. We’ll be sure to review your comments with our team and act promptly at correcting.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Best Western Ocean Reef Suites
Best Western Ocean Reef Suites
#2 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront? Share your experiences!