It's not easy to find a nice hotel in the OBX that isn't Hampton Inn, the Hilton, or a smaller Mom and Pop/B&B. Ramada didn't exactly have me thinking I would have a 4 star experience for $70 in February on Hotwire. However, I have to say that the place is pretty deceiving, advertising itself as a 3 star hotel. Most places in the OBX are openly less than 3 stars; you don't go there looking for luxury per se. However, on top of all the renovations going on, the place does smell (as other reviewers have noted), the front desk service is sketchy (one came to my room looking for an 'Ashley' at 10 am, though a simple check would have confirmed my wife and I were still in our room. The AC unit came on sporadically (but not before the room got up to about 75 degrees, making the night pretty uncomfortable), and the bed destroyed our backs. The room itself was recently 'remodeled', and it looks like they used spray paint to give it its new look. There were drunk people and children running up and down the halls all night long, and this is in the off-season. They must have been doing a special with Hotwire to attract more business. I contacted Hotwire to make them aware that the 3 star rating was very misleading. We have stayed at this hotel before, and there is never adequate parking. Out front several of the much needed spaces are taken up by huge dumpsters filled with construction waste. It didn't really bother me that the keys to my room didn't work upon our arrival, but as I have recounted here, the experience just went downhill pretty quickly. I wasn't expecting the lap of luxury, but a little peace and quiet, and the absence of weird smells and loud noise in the hallways, plus working AC, well, expecting those things aren't asking too much, especially in the middle of the night. I implore you to steer clear, because I want you to have a better OBX experience than we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront is a great place to relax and unwind while on your coastal vacation. This Ramada property is located directly on the beach! Centrally located (mile post 9 1/2) to shopping, historical sites, and sporting activities, our oceanfront hotel provides convenience to area attractions. Visit the Lost Colony, Elizabethan Gardens, Kitty Hawk, four area lighthouses, Roanoke Island Festival Park, or the Wright Brothers Memorial-site of man's first flight. Restaurant and Lounge and seasonal outdoor deck bar on property. Business center, free guest laundry and free access to local YMCA! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Kill Devil Hills Ramada
- Ramada Kill Devil Hills
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront Kill Devil Hills, Outer Banks, NC