“Ryan's wedding”

Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed 6 nights with a Groupon offer. Our room was comfortable and very clean. Housekeeping does a very thorough job. The hotel and room are not new but pretty well maintained. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. We had breakfast as part of our offer and the service was very good except for the final morning when there were many more in the dining room than normal. Very close to the beach. We would normally rent a condo for a beach vacation but this was so much less expensive and was a good choice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
RamadaPlazaNagsHead, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your positive rating, which mean a lot especially coming from such an experienced traveler! Our goal is to provide great service, a comfortable spacious room and great amenities at our oceanfront location and it appears we have succeeded. We hope you had a blast while in OBX and look forward to you coming back soon! Stay in touch until then at: Facebook.com/RamadaPlazaNagsHeadOceanfront
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My family and I traveled to OBX for a long overdue vacation. When we checked in we were warned that there was a large college crowd staying at the hotel but that the noise would die down around 10pm. My husband and I are both hotel managers with Hyatt and Hilton respectively and we understand how groups like these are while staying at hotels.

After checking into our room we noticed several issues, the most important being that our door did not lock unless it was pulled/pushed in a certain manner. This became a huge security issue for me as we were traveling with 3 small children. I went to the desk and commented on the issue and I was told it would be taken care of. After making sure the door was locked we went out to dinner and returned to the same issue. The hotel staff said they were sold out and could not move our room at that time.

The next morning I went down to the desk and asked if it was possible to have our room changed after explaining our issue. Our room was changed later that day and we were very happy with the new accommodations. The remainder of our stay went fairly well.

A week or so I called the hotel to let them know we were no longer bringing a pet. I also made sure to comment on this at check in and when we moved rooms as I was continuously asked if we had a pet. I said no, I called and it should have been deleted from my reservation a week prior. When I received my bill we were charged the full pet fee. I again commented that we did not have a pet with us and after a few minutes the front desk agent finally deducted this from my bill.

Overall, the hotel was fine and in a great location. The amenities are great. I was just very displeased with the lack of concern over safety especially with having three young children and a lot of drunk college kids taking over the hotel. There was no need of urgency for the safety of my kids. My husband and I have worked in the hospitality industry for years and I know many of my guests would not be pleased if they would have received the same type of reaction as I had. I also never heard from a manager or was offered any type of compensation for my issue. Thankfully our room was changed or we would have checked out.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for the insight about your recent experience while with us. The safety of our guests is of utmost importance and we appreciate your concern as well. We’ll be sure that all doors get immediately examined and do appreciate your patience during our sold out timeframe. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we are grateful that you stayed with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,163 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Best Western Ocean Reef Suites
Best Western Ocean Reef Suites
#2 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,100 reviews

Been to Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront? Share your experiences!