My son and I spent six days at this hotel for vacation. The location was the main reason. It is very convenient to shopping, the aquarium, Manteo and Duck. We had a room on the 5th floor, ocean front with a balcony. We couldn't use this balcony much because of the condensation (water) running and puddling constantly from the air conditioner as well as the loud noise from the air conditioner. The room really needs to be renovated and thoroughly cleaned. Stains on the walls, ceilings and mold growing in the grout in the bathroom. When we checked in we were pleasantly greeted and checked in by Travers and another young man. They were both very polite and professional but extremely busy between check-ins and phone calls. Everyone else pretty much ignored us until we interjected in their conversations and spoke to them. I struggled terribly trying to get my luggage loaded onto a hotel cart...no one offered to help when we arrived or left. Everything was dirty, sticky and didn't smell clean. When we checked out, there were two girls working the front desk and didn't offer to help us, smile or even say "thank you." My room was completely not serviced by housekeeping on day three when we came in from the beach and got sand on the bedding. So we slept in sandy beds. The front desk said they were scheduled to clean that room and they would send me a "complimentary gift bag." I received two bags of coffee in a plastic bag for the coffee machine in the room, which I already had and never use because you never know when they were last cleaned. The floors were not vacuumed the entire stay. My son dropped some potato chip crumbs the first night and were still there when we left. The staff could not keep up with the dirty pool/beach towels. Actually, the only positive thing I can say about this hotel is that the beach view was amazing... but only from inside or actually on the beach and we very much enjoyed eating at the on-site restaurant. We spent a lot of money. I don't like to be negative, but unfortunately, I was very disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront is a great place to relax and unwind while on your coastal vacation. This Ramada property is located directly on the beach! Centrally located (mile post 9 1/2) to shopping, historical sites, and sporting activities, our oceanfront hotel provides convenience to area attractions. Visit the Lost Colony, Elizabethan Gardens, Kitty Hawk, four area lighthouses, Roanoke Island Festival Park, or the Wright Brothers Memorial-site of man's first flight. Restaurant and Lounge and seasonal outdoor deck bar on property. Business center, free guest laundry and free access to local YMCA! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Kill Devil Hills Ramada
- Ramada Kill Devil Hills
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront Kill Devil Hills, Outer Banks, NC