This hotel is, quite frankly, a dump. The physical plant needs a complete renovation. The floors are moldy and dirty and constantly wet, and I wouldn't dare walk on the carpet in our room without shoes on my feet. The "Business Center" is one computer with a blurry monitor found behind a wicker screen in the lobby. The pool is perhaps the scariest petri-dish I have ever seen. The water is an alien-like shade of neon green, with cloudy swirls of goo and about 4 inches of sand on the bottom. I wanted to grab every child out of it and send them to a haz-mat shower. Beware if you are assigned a room on the 4th floor when an event is planned in the "meeting room" - billows of smoke will roll out of the room (the 4th floor is a non-smoking floor, but apparently no one is concerned with the fact that the meeting room patrons smoke like chimneys both inside and outside of the room). Of course, smoke might be better than staying on the second floor, where unruly children and drunk teenagers run the halls on their way to the 2nd floor entrance to the "pool" which, despite posted hours, is available for a late night dip for those that enjoy bacteria. As for the room, our sheets were luckily actually quite clean, but I dare you to shower without flip-flops on your feet. In sum - avoid this hotel like the plague. Had we not had a number of outdoor activites planned in order to spend only minimal time there, I most likely would have jumped off our balcony into the cigarette-littered dunes below.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront is a great place to relax and unwind while on your coastal vacation. This Ramada property is located directly on the beach! Centrally located (mile post 9 1/2) to shopping, historical sites, and sporting activities, our oceanfront hotel provides convenience to area attractions. Visit the Lost Colony, Elizabethan Gardens, Kitty Hawk, four area lighthouses, Roanoke Island Festival Park, or the Wright Brothers Memorial-site of man's first flight. Restaurant and Lounge and seasonal outdoor deck bar on property. Business center, free guest laundry and free access to local YMCA! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Kill Devil Hills Ramada
- Ramada Kill Devil Hills
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront Kill Devil Hills, Outer Banks, NC