“Absolute favorite ice cream”

Kill Devil's Frozen Custard & Beach Fries
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Description: A family friendly restaurant where everything is prepared to order including our award winning frozen custard treats .We make it fresh hourly. We also have Juicy Better Burgers , Fresh cut Beach fries , all beef Hotdogs ,N.C. Pulled Pork or Chicken BBQ , and Veggie Burgers .Celebrating our 15th year .
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Absolute favorite ice cream”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have been coming to the Outer Banks for over 20 years and every time I come here we HAVE to stop at Kill Devil Custard. You can't go wrong with anything you get on the menu. I always have to have an order of fries with the chocolate custard. It's the best and you can even take gallons of the custard back to your beach house for the rest of the week. It does get crowded especially around dinner time but the wait is never too long and the food is definitely worth it. I love it and would absolutely reccomend this place to anyone visiting the Outer Banks!

• Visited June 2013

Virginia
“Best custard”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Every time we are in the area I have to stop there at least once a day.
I always get the large cup of vanilla custard. It is very creamy and delicious. I will stop there again tomorrow before I leave the area.
Can't get enough of this stuff.
I never ordered any other food except maybe the beach fries. They were pretty good but my absolute main visit is for the custard.

Dover, PA
“best custard at the beach”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Near the place we normally stay and even though it is a 2 mile round trip walk, it is worth every step. Their Pumpkin Pie custard makes reminds you of Grandma's Thanksgiving pie. Would walk 5 miles for a cone! A "must" for any trip to OBX!!

Visited September 2013
Springfield, Virginia
“Yum! Yum! Yum!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We've passed this 'ice cream' stand for the last few years but were always too full to stop. After being advised by friends that we just had to try it we made it a point to stop this trip. Which may have been a mistake because I developed an obsession and went three times in a week. I grew up with a grandpa who would drive 20 miles out of his way for frozen custard so I have something with which to compare. The frozen custard here is WONDERFUL! So smooth & creamy & delicious. During one visit I ordered the Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae: chewy brownie, topped w/custard, hot fudge and real whipped cream. It was huge! and fabulous. The milkshakes are thick and rich; the waffle cones crisp and flavorful.
Next year we plan on trying a burger and fries - we've been told they are great also. If they are anything like the frozen custard we missed out (this year).

Visited September 2013
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Best Frozen Custard”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

They have the best frozen custard ever. The people working there are very pleasant and friendly. My Sister and I went there twice and will go there again when we go back. There was nothing that we disliked.

Visited May 2013