“Best Custard In The Outer Banks”

Kill Devil's Frozen Custard & Beach Fries
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A family friendly restaurant where everything is prepared to order including our award winning frozen custard treats .We make it fresh hourly. We also have Juicy Better Burgers , Fresh cut Beach fries , all beef Hotdogs ,N.C. Pulled Pork or Chicken BBQ , and Veggie Burgers .Celebrating our 15th year .
USA
“Best Custard In The Outer Banks”
Reviewed 22 November 2009

Kill Devil Hills Frozen Custard was the best place that my husband and I went to while we were in the Outer Banks. The Custard is freshly made everyday and there are different flavors to choose from each day. If you go later at night and there is a long line, it is worth the wait.

nyc
“MMMMMMMmmmm!”
Reviewed 27 August 2009

The food is GREAT! the fries can be a little over seasoned, but tell you want them lightly seasoned and the staff will oblige. burger fan? they are terrific! would you like a wrap? WONDERFUL! do you enjoy custard? then GET YOUR BUTT THERE! i think i saw someone else say this place was expensive, but i thought it was reasonable. this place is a roadside stop, so plan on eating in your car, at a picnic table, or taking it home.

1 Thank kobilicious
outerbanks
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy, but expensive”
Reviewed 19 July 2009

The custard is fabulous, but it was $10 for 2 small cups of ice cream!

Newport News, VA
“Yummy”
Reviewed 10 September 2008

My family has stopped here a few times in the past year on mini vacations. I love the food. The buttery bread, the bbq is so good. I was dissapointed the last time I went that a few of the items on the menu werent available. It wasnt til I started to order they said oh we dont have that right now... and a minute later they didnt have something that someone else we wanted. The custard is great and the banana shake was good too. I think they should have combos, the sandwiches, fries and drinks are always sold seperate, so we get one fry for everyone to share. I was upset I couldnt get my favorie sandwich last time we went but the items missing in action the last time we went will not keep me from coming back to this great spot though!

Columbus, Ohio
“Cool Custard, hot burgers, dogs, and fries”
Reviewed 1 September 2008

I'm craving it as I write this.

Kill Devil Custard and Beach Fries is a wonderful place to eat. They have different types of frozen custard. It's smooth and creamy and just plain yummy; I had the caramel custard. Mmmm.

The burgers are really good. After eating seafood for a week we really looked forward to having some good ole burgers and dogs. You can custom order your burger (I did blue cheese and grilled onions, yum!). My boys opted for dogs and they were good as well. The beach fries are fresh cut like you'd get at a boardwalk in Myrtle Beach or Ocean City. Make sure you save room for the custard.

Don't let the line scare you away. They take their orders quickly, give you your number, and you wait a few minutes for your food. There's no indoor seating, but there's outdoor seating. Or you can just stand and hang out or take it back to your cottage or condo.

I highly recommend this place. It's good for a red meat change of pace.