“Very good”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I ate here with a group of 10 people. The hostess was not very nice, but our waitress made up for that. The variety amazed me. The salmon was very overcooked, but I imagine that it would be hard to cook salmon the appropriate way and then serve it on a buffet. Everything else was very good and it was well worth the money. I think we spent one hour just eating crab legs.

2  Thank Rachel S

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was very expensive, and not that different from any other buffet. I've had better elsewhere. Beautiful inside. The serve was very good.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The place was very nice and the food was tasty. The crab pulled right out of the legs... Amazing!! They didn't have a big enough selection on the buffet though. You could've ordered off the menu for "American food," but I wasn't going to get the buffet plus a meal. I would've liked more sides to go with the buffet. We will definitely go back though because it was much more classy than the buffet up the road.

1  Thank Heather G
Reviewed 5 July 2014

There were 17 in our family ranging from ages 13 to 82. The staff was very friendly & the chef personally walked my sisters through the buffet to help them understand what they could & couldn't eat based on their dietary restrictions. It was fun for everyone being a bit less formal with everyone getting up whenever they wanted to sample more of the buffet. The teenage nephews especially enjoyed gorging themselves on every type of seafood possible while the rest of us tried in vain to restrain ourselves from eating too much. I thought all the food was prepared well & was very fresh. I liked that they offered various seafood cooked many ways. My only complaint was one of the crabs I chose looked great but I never did find any meat! And I ate so much I couldn't fathom trying any desserts. They had a decent selection of wine that was well-priced. We really enjoyed this restaurant & I believe I more than ate my monies worth! Plus we watched a beautiful sunset over the Wright Bro's Memorial.

2  Thank Jo Ellen F
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My family didn't realize that Captain George's was a seafood buffet until we were standing in line at the restaurant. After some initial doubts (buffets aren't generally known for high-quality food, after all), we were pleasantly surprised once we were inside and had a plate full of food in front of us. The overall value at $32.00 per person for the dinner buffet is pretty reasonable considering all the options available and the quality of food was quite good. The atmosphere can be a bit noisy, but it's great for families and large parties.

2  Thank Christopher M