“Best Cup of Coffee in the Banks”
Review of Front Porch Cafe

Front Porch Cafe
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: 3 Locations in the Outer Banks: Kill Devil Hills at MP 6, Nags Head at the Milepost 10.5 Shoppes, and Manteo at the stoplight Highway 64/264 next to RD Sawyer Ford. Open daily year around from 6 AM-6PM. Free wifi with power.
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The Coffee really energized me for the drive home. A great collection of art and other goods for sale there as well. Very reasonable prices.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

The atmosphere and service are great. The pastries are tasty and coffee is amazing! Customer Service can't be beat.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stopped by there early on a Sunday morning with my son. What an amazing experience. Staff was friendly and helpful in picking out a great cup of coffee to start my day off with. There selection of pastries and breads was amazing as well. What I liked most about this place is the openness of their restaurant and the decor. What an inviting space that makes you want to have a seat an take it easy. Spending the better part of an hour inside I left saying to myself that we need more small business coffee shops like this one in this country. What a totally different experience than going to one of the more national brand coffee shops. Try them out; I am willing to bet you will leave there feeling much the same.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We are Starbuck fans but this place beats any by far. Coffee-Pastries-Service- Friendly atmosphere

They always say hello and mean it!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I wanted to like this place. We went last year and tried the coffee and I was not impressed. I thought maybe it was just an odd thing so I tried it again this year..... I had to dump the coffee out! :( I am a coffee lover and drink it all day (usually black Americanos) but I get cappuccinos, occasionally, too. This coffee had a stale flavor and I could not drink it at all. I won't be trying this place again. I did find a couple of places that I loved to get my coffee fix. Waverider made me a great capppuccino, and we loved Sam and Ollie's coffee that we had with breakfast one morning. Life it too short to drink stale, tasteless coffee!