“Good Place For A Meal”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
charlotte
“Good Place For A Meal”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a nice restaurant. It is clean, good food and good service. Breakfast served late in the day. If you want a good meal, this is the place to go. Nothing over the top, just good.

Newport, Virginia
“Food good but overpriced”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was our first meal in the Outer Banks. My husband had the fried seafood platter, I had the broiled "special" platter and our son had chicken tenders. The food was tasty and the service was prompt and wait staff was very pleasant. My husband and I each had a couple domestic beers with our meal and our tab was over $75, so with tip, it came to $90.

Laurel, DE
“Found the Best Breakfast on our Last Day of Vacation”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

As this was our last day of vacationing in the Outer Banks, we decided to have our breakfast at Henry's. It was the very best breakfast of the week. I got a bacon and egg omelet which came with grits and 2 hotcakes. Everything was brought to our table piping hot and it was our best breakfast of the week. Coffee was good and hot and our waitress was prompt, friendly and brought our food in a timely manner. It was a 10 for both my husband and myself. Wish I had tried this restaurant in the beginning of our vacation instead of the end. Their prices were good too.

Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
“Tale of the Tattered Tuna and the Side Item Sideshow”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Not a big fan of writing negative reviews but this visit gets my goat. We've been to Henry's for Breakfast.....good.....Lunch.....great.....Let me tell you about dinner. My fair maiden had the Fried Oysters, which were great. I order the "SPECIAL" which was Tuna "sashimi" grade prepared any way I'd like it, with two sides. Ordered it RARE as I always do with Tuna. Waitress came with my dinner, said not a word, and bolted ( I knew something wasn't kosher). Tuna was well done.....very WELL done, after about 10 minutes she returned and I commented on the condition on my poor little tuna and that unfortunately i couldn't eat it. She did offer to have another plate made, but since the fair maiden was nearly finished with her meal, I said no thank you and asked for the check and a box to take the tuna home to what would be some very happy Boston Terriers (they love it when meals go wrong).

The waitress was very nice, apologized and said they had taken the tuna off the bill......and here is where you get my "POOR" rating.........THEY CHARGED ME FOR MY SIDE ITEMS THAT CAME WITH THE MEAL.....$6.99 for a side salad and cole slaw. Really......REALLY. I guess they wanted to recoup something from the meal. I left her a 20% tip (i didn't ask for her to take the Tuna off the bill) and explained to the kind lady at the register that if you ruin a meal, it's a bit tacky to charge someone for the side items.....I came for the Tuna, not the sides. Anyhow there's my Tale of the Tattered Tuna and the Side Item Sideshow. As locals, we've decided that we'll be giving Henry's a break for a while.

• Visited March 2014
Wassenberg, Germany
“Great breakfast!”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

A friend took us here for breakfast -- couldn't have been better! Wide selection and outstanding biscuits.....

Visited February 2014