“Love the tacos!”

Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Bad Bean Baja Grill serves cuisine inspired from Baja California, Mexico, and Latin America. The Baja Grill is a full service family friendly restaurant utilizing local fresh ingredients from the sea and land. We have an excellent selection of craft beers and a great specialty drink list.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Great new OBX find for me! Service was friendly and super fast! (I barely had time to enjoy the chips and fresh salsa.) I know their known for the fish tacos (but I don't eat fish). I can confirm that the beef and pork tacos are excellent as well. Restrooms were super clean! I will definitely visit again and bring the family next time.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Overall a very good experience. But I doubt we go back on this trip.

We (my wife, 2 YO son, and myself) slid in about 11:30 on a weekday and beat any crowd. The staff was very friendly. They provide a courtesy bowl of nacho chips and sauce. We started with the medium sauce and quickly discovered medium is a matter of taste. It had some kick! We asked for the mild; it was very mild. I'd have preferred a mix of the two but the waiter didn't leave both. My wife and I ordered two tacos each. Unfortunately for me they only have soft tacos; I prefer the crunchy variety. They were still delicious. The meat was nicely seasoned. My son had a hot dog. They had several choices for kids but their sides are either rice or nacho chips.

1  Thank Thom P
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Great new find for me in the Outer Banks! Sat at the bar and had great service! It was a Friday night and they had a nice fresh strawberry spinach salad special that was awesome! The mahi and the shrimp tacos where very nice and prepared with fresh ingredients.
I look forward to my next visit! Cheers to the owner and staff!

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Love this place, we come every time we're here. Great fish tacos! And the salsa is delicious and so fresh.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is a small yet great place! The waiter was on top of everything...there should be more like him! The food was great, prices in line. As you've read in all the other reviews, the pork belly taco is killer (but I like it better without the "sauce"). We enjoy mexican food when ever we get a chance when traveling, and the didn't disappoint! The menu is small, be they do everything very well. Much better service than we had down the road at the "plaza azteca". The food is top notch, and as with any eatery, the great waiter made it that much better!