“Very friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
McAllen, Texas
“Very friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

We loved this hotel mostly because of the staff, they really made you feel welcome and were very helpful about where to eat and things to do. The hotel was very very clean which is important to me. We had an inside room, they are very small but comfortable. We spent a lot of time on the rocking chairs in the front of the hotel. The beach view is great, and the pool is nice too. We were disappointed in the beach cleanliness, which is not the hotels fault, its public. I would stay here again just because of the staff.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are ok short walk to a view
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this review, 12 July 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our Days Inn Oceanfront. I am extremely pleased that our staff was able to make your stay that much more enjoyable! I will be sure to share your thoughts with the other staff members.

We hope that you are able to visit the Outer Banks again and we would be happy to help make reservations for your next stay the next time you can visit!

Thank you! Tonia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

The hotel is nice and clean and located directly on the beach, just like most of the hotels in the Outer Banks. I was extremely disappointed when we opened the door to our hotel room to see that it was smaller than the bedroom in our condo! My fiance could literally stretch his arms and legs from wall to wall. The tv was tiny too and couldn't even be placed across from the bed due to space issues. The staff was nice and accomodating, however I won't be staying here again - I'm sure I can find nicer and larger places in OBX for the same price or less.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying at our Days Inn Oceanfront while on the Outer Banks. Our queen rooms are the smaller sized rooms in the hotel--our larger rooms are the rooms with 2 double beds or a king bed. As mentioned in earlier responses--as we are the longest, continuous running hotel on the Outer Banks, some of these rooms are on the smaller size because rooms were built to a smaller specification unlike those in a hotel built today.

Our oceanview rooms with 2 doubles, streetview rooms with a king, suites and dunefront rooms are larger in size and I'm sure one of those would be a great fit for your next stay. Also just an FYI: Please note that if you are making a reservation via the internet where you do not know the room type you are booking until the reservation is completed, more often than not the queen room is the room they are booking for you.

If you are able to visit again, I would be happy to help find a room type that would be more to your liking so please feel free to call me for reservations.

Ansonia, CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

We stayed here for our second visit in June of 2011 and this time we got a dune view room so we could have easy access to the beach and have a view. The place is getting tired and in need of help. First of all the rugs need replacing. The room smelled musty like most motels and my suggestion for management is too replace the rugs with ceramic tile and then I think the musty odor will go away. The rug felt funky when you walked on it barefooted. The room itself was fairly clean but another suggestion is too move the bed away from the wall once in awhile and vaccuuum behind there and under the bed. It's very dusty behing the bed and nightstands and there was some paper behind there when we checked in. Just off the sidewalk in the dune view rooms there is a sandy area and it's loaded with cigarette butts that really aren't attractive to look at. I'm not a smoker and it seems a lot of smokers are nototius for throwing their butts anywhere, it's disgusting. There are recepticals for the butts but they are not fully being used. Management should post signs about disposing of the butts. When we sat outside all we would smell was the container for the cigarette butts and that wasn't pleasant. Wi-fi was great and free. The bed linens were clean. It also would be nice to see some flowers in planters in the back yard or boxes on the railings. I want this place to be great, it's a cool old motel and if the Days Inn compant put alittle money into the place, it could be a great place.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us again at our Days Inn on your return trip to the Outer Banks. I will be sharing your comments with our Executive Housekeeper concerning your stay. I am very sorry that your second stay was not as perfect as your first. I assure you that your first stay was more indicative of how stays normally are for our hotel regarding cleanliness and that the second stay was not the norm.

When you are able to visit the Outer Banks again, I would be happy to make reservations for your stay as I want to ensure that your next one is just as wonderful as the first.

Reynoldsburg, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

This was my second time at this hotel. Both times were extraordinary! The location couldn't be better, (I love the beach roads) and most of the staff makes you feel right at home! (Kayla was awesome! Joan we miss you already! Thanks for your genuine warmth & hospitality!)

The ocean is just steps from any room you visit, and the prices are great especially if you plan ahead. Being on vacation, I didn't plan on spending much time in the room as the ocean is my favorite place in the world! So coming into the room after swimming and eating at the local restaurants [make sure you stop at Awful Arthur's] to a clean room with plenty of towels and soaps, etc was very refreshing! The cleaning crew were very friendly and always around at about the same time to help with anything you need. Free continental breakfast was always fresh and the coffee and cream selection very appreciated!
Oh we cannot wait to return! Thanks so much!

Room Tip: Ask for oceanfront view on top floor if available
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shanonsmiles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2011

This was our first time bringing our daughter here who is 3 years old and we loved it! The staff was very accommodating, we stayed in a second floor ocean front room and the view was beautiful! And we really loved the breakfast and afternoon snack! We definitely will be back next year!

• Stayed May 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this review, 28 May 2011
Thank you so much for writing a review of your stay with us on the Outer Banks. And we're happy to have been your daughter's first Outer Banks experience! We appreciate your kind words and I will make sure I share them with the other staff.

We hope to see you and your family again another time and please feel free to contact me directly when you are able to visit the Outer Banks again!

Thanks,
Kinston, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful stay in this hotel. We found the room to be clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make us welcome and answered all our questions about the area. It is very quiet and we really enjoyed the beachfront. We will want to stay here again. The waffles were great! This hotel was a great location to visit many different tourist sites.

Room Tip: best room is king size bed dune/oceanfront
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this review, 9 May 2011
We appreciate your choosing us for your getaway to the beach! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff were able to help with all of your questions.....the next time you'll be an old pro! We hope that you are able to visit again and I would be happy to help make reservations for your next stay.
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2011

We had a second floor ocean front room which was a very good thing to do. The room was clean and tidy and very comfortable, with Fridge, etc. The breakfast was ok but was very crowded and difficult to get table to eat at.

The over riding benefit of this hotel is its location right on to the beach.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your short but sweet review of our Days Inn on the Outer Banks! The 2nd floor oceanview rooms are our most popular room type of course--many times you must book 3 to 4 weeks in advance to get the time period you wish.

I do have a hint for those staying at the hotel on breakfast....our breakfast, as of this writing, seems to get busier (or the busiest) at about 9 am--near the end of breakfast. If you are an early riser it seems to be less busy earlier in the morning when we start breakfast.

We hope we get to see you again on the Outer Banks....please feel free to contact me if you should wish to return and I would be happy to help make your reservations.
Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,340 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,069 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront
BEST WESTERN Ocean Reef Suites
BEST WESTERN Ocean Reef Suites
#2 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur? Share your experiences!