This property is fairly typical of an older beachfront motel, with some rooms opening directly to the outdoors with other interior rooms directly off the lobby. We occupied one of the smaller interior rooms.
We stayed at the motel for one night in late November, after Thanksgiving. Upon arrival (without reservations), we were greeted warmly by the woman at the reception desk. It was a cold evening, and a fire was burning in the fireplace. People were decorating the lobby for Christmas.
The room we occupied, a smaller one with a queen bed, was supposed to be a non-smoking room, but it definitely had an odor of stale smoke. After some time in the room, the odor became less noticeable. The room was adequate, older but quite clean. There was a large stall shower, and water pressure and temperature were good.
The hallway outside our room door led to the back of the motel, where there was a short walk to the beach. Out back, there is a large barbeque area. A washer and dryer are available off the lobby.
Breakfast the next morning was good for an economy motel, with sausage patties, eggs and an assortment of breads, bagels and fruit. There was a choice of juices and some of the best coffee I've had at a motel.
We enjoyed our brief stay and would definitely consider staying at this Days Inn again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nominated in 2009 by Days Inn as 1 of their 10 Finalists for Best Property of the Year (for a hotel with 75 rooms or less). Oceanfront property with expanded complimentary continental breakfast including waffles, cereals, fruit, yogurt & more. All rooms and suites are smoke free. Afternoon refreshments served from 4-6 pm. Microwave/refrig, coffeemaker, & hi speed wireless internet available in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Booking.com so you can book your Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Oceanfront Wright Brothers Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur Outer Banks, NC
- Kill Devil Hills Days Inn