“Uncomfortable”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
wilmington
“Uncomfortable”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The biggest problem was the sheet looks not clean, especially the blanket and the sheet was too thin. Also, I found a hair under the sheet. The bathroom looks just OK. Breakfast was good and the location is good. However, my only concern about the quality of a hotel is the cleanness of the sheet and the bathroom.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property during your stay on the Outer Banks. I will make sure to share your comments with our housekeeping staff. I assure you that this is not the norm for our hotel as seen by the many previous comments on our property. Our bathrooms are of a smaller size as we are the longest, continuous-running hotel on the Outer Banks. People love our charm and B&B feel because of this, but this also means that the bathrooms are not of a large size by today's standards since the original structure was built in the 40s. If you are able to visit the Outer Banks again, please contact me directly and I will be happy to make reservations for your next stay and make sure your stay is more pleasant.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Lake Wylie, SC
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This hotel is very nice & a great location!
Less than half a mile to Wright Brothers Memorial, right on beach, close to Corolla to see wild horses, close to hang gliding park, etc. Highly suggest!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank photographerrn
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
We thank you for visiting the Outer Banks and choosing us as your home away from home while here! I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and all the sights the OBX has to offer....if you are able to visit again please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help make reservations for your next stay!
Thanks--Tonia
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 March 2012

This hotel is beautiful, with old plank floors and a fireplace in the lobby. They serve a full breakfast, tea and coffee throughout the day, and cookies and cider in the evening. Our room was up under the eaves in the back, where not so much attention had been paid to upkeep. The door appeared to have been replaced with something very cheap. The furniture was peeling. The bed was uncomfortable. The bathroom smelled a little bit like sewer. However, it was a walk over the sand dune to the beach and the desk clerk was really friendly and helpful.

We didn't really mind the "rustic" atmosphere of our room and shared balcony. Everything was clean and we did have a view of the ocean from the Adirondack chairs outside our door. My only two real complaints are that the old bed needed replacement and the bathroom repaired. With those updates, I would give a 5 for that price level.

Room Tip: Perhaps the rooms inside are an improvement on the one under the eaves. You might not get the ocean...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lael B
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
We appreciate your taking the time to write a review of our property for your recent stay. Though I am out of town, I will check on the mattresses in the few rooms under the eaves after my return as well as the bathroom. I am sorry that your stay was less than idyllic and am glad that our staff was friendly and helpful during your stay.

I assure you that such issues are not normal for our property, and you may have noticed we have started some of our yearly renovations as well. We do strive every year to improve things in the hotel and I will make sure to check on the items you mentioned.

If you are able to return to the Outer Banks again, we do hope that you might give us to get the 5 out of 5 marks instead of 4 out of 5....we would love to be able to impress you further. Feel free to ask for me when calling.

New England
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed here the end of February and it was a great value for the off season. The inn faces the ocean and we had a room on the first floor , so we looked at the dunes. The walk to the beach was just 2 minutes, if that long. The clerk who checked us in was very polite and helpful with dinner suggestions. There was fresh popped popcorn and cookies. It is older and has some quaint traits- sitting area is nice. Self laundry was available. We had stayed at the other Day's inn down the road and found this one to be much nicer. The room had room for a small love seat and coffee table.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LV2travelmore
Thank you so much for visiting with us during your stay on the Outer Banks. We appreciate your sharing your thoughts with others looking to visit our area. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and found it to be pleasant.

We hope that you will visit the beach again soon and please feel free to contact me, or any of us, should you be able to visit again!

Banks
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed one night. We had a great ocean view room. Fast internet. Great TV. And the full breakfast in the roomy dining room area off the lobby was wonderful.

Room Tip: Room at the back of the hotel was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathleen F
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you for visiting with us during your stay to the Outer Banks. We appreciate your taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We appreciate your lovely comments concerning your stay and am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you the next time you are passing through--please feel free to contact us and we would be happy to help reserve your next stay!!

Copiague, New York
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Older motel but fairly well maintained. Room and bathroom were small. Bedding was comfortable. We enjoyed the fire place in the sitting room. Cookies and spiced cider in the afternoon and an excellent continental breakfast. Rooms have a balcony exit to the beach.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bill47533
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Thank you so much for visiting with us during your stay at our Days Inn Oceanfront Wright Brothers. We appreciate your taking the time to write a review of our property so that it may be shared with others. Our fireplace is always a favorite in the cooler months.....we hope the next time you are able to visit the Outer Banks you will do so with us. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to help make your reservations.
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 17 January 2012

This property is older but refurbished. Stayed here two nights due to working in the area. Upon arrival I noticed my room had an outside door and there were sme guys hanging around in the parking lot, and as a woman traveling alone I didn't feel safe. I asked the front desk to move me and she was very helpful and let me check out the room first. It was smaller but down the main hall and I felt more comfortable there. I like the afternoon cider and cookies, as well as the breakfast. Wished they had more fresh fruit and healthy choices. I love that you can use the YMCA day pass. i would stay here agin if I get the same good rate.

Room Tip: A few oceanfront rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank cdesilva
We appreciate your visiting with us while you were on business here at the beach. I am pleased the staff was able to make your stay more comfortable and put you at ease. The next time you are in the area, feel free to contact me or any of the staff and just let us know that you are a repeat guest---we will be happy to help make reservations for your next stay!
Thank you! Tonia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,402 reviews
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,100 reviews
Best Western Ocean Reef Suites
Best Western Ocean Reef Suites
#2 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront

Been to Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur? Share your experiences!