“Excellent hotel and great value”

Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We spent two nights at this hotel and enjoyed it very much. It is not a 5 star luxury hotel but it does not claim to be. It was clean and well maintained, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the location is very good, the breakfast was excellent, and the only shortcoming was the room was a little small for all that was in it (in room safe, mini refrigerator, microwave, & table). Overall the place was much better than average and a great value. We highly recommend it to anyone traveling to this area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for coming to the Outer Banks during your travels. We are so happy that you enjoyed staying with us at our Days Inn Oceanfront Wright Brothers. I'm so happy that you found everything enjoyable. Hopefully you will be able to return to the beach again soon and please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help make reservations for your next stay. Thank you! Tonia

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The hotel is located on mile post 8.5 which is really good location for go around on OBX. Museum and aquarium are closed by. Lots of restaurants and gift shops. We really enjoyed our stay here. Hotel is really clean and organized.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for coming to the Outer Banks and we appreciate your choosing to stay at our Days Inn Oceanfront Wright Brothers. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope that you will be able to visit again. Please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help make reservations for your next stay. Thank you! Tonia

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I chose this place based on tripadvisor's review. But,, this hotel is just okay.
It's near the beach, so it takes only one minute to go to the beach, but the room is so tiny, and dark, the bed is uncomfortable. I don't know why this hotel has so many good reviews in this website.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay on the Outer Banks. I was able to locate the room in which you stayed which was a room with 1 queen bed. As mentioned in previous responses, the rooms with 1 queen bed will be the smallest room type at our hotel. As this is a historic building, the rooms were built in the 40s so the rooms are not of the size that you find in a newly built hotel today. So the rooms will be of a more compact size--the larger rooms will be the dunefront rooms with 1 king or 2 queens, the oceanfront rooms with 2 doubles or the suites with 2 doubles or 1 king bed with a kitchen. We hope you are able to visit the Outer Banks again and would love for you to try one of our larger room sizes the next time. Please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help make reservations for your next stay. Thank you, Tonia

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The Good: Staff members were friendly and professional. Always greated me with a smile. Parking is free. The hotel is on the beach, so that was a plus. They are doing some renovations. There is a flat screen TV, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker and in room safe. There are snacks available from 4-8pm including hot cider, popcorn and cookies...a nice touch.

Not so good: The breakfast was adequate, you can make your own waffles, if that is your thing. But no bagels or english muffins, just bread. Strange egg patties and sausage.

The Bad: This hotel is old. Even with the renovations, it is still old. The mattress needs to be replaced, extremely uncomfortable (too soft) and I couldn't get a good night's sleep. Walls are paper thin, so you will hear your neighbors. Mold in the grout in any bathroom freaks me out, so that was quite troubling for me.

Would I stay again, no, but for the price, I guess I got what I paid for. If you are looking for a hotel close to the beach and you aren't spending much time in the room, I guess this hotel will fit the bill.

1  Thank we_out
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for coming to the Outer Banks, we appreciate it. Unfortunately we did used to have additional items on the breakfast menu but Days Inn changed their breakfast program so that we will be changing our breakfast program even more--we did used to have English Muffins and bagels but they have made us switch to bread. I will definitely share your feedback with them. I will try to track down the room in which you stayed so that we may take a look at your bathroom. The beds are also mandated by Days Inn so we have to buy to the specs with which they give us. However I am pleased that our staff was pleasant and helpful and that you enjoyed our afternoon refreshments here at the property. We do hope that you are able to visit the Outer Banks again another time. Thank you, Tonia

Reviewed 8 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

This is my favorite place to stay in the OBX! Great central location, super friendly staff that always make sure you're comfortable and happy. Love the breakfast offered before starting my day! Laundry facility on site helps to stay caught up during longer visits.
Rooms are always clean, beds comfortable and a restful nights sleep is guaranteed!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

We thank you for continually choosing us as your "home away from home" when visiting the Outer Banks. And we appreciate your taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so happy that you found everything comfy and tidy for your stay and we can't wait to see you again! Thanks so much, Tonia

Reviewed 7 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
#12 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur? Share your experiences!