My fiancé and I decided to take a retreat to the beach and revisit OBX. When I was doing my planning I wanted to choose something that was low on price and was close to a bunch of activities... and of course really close to the beach (who doesn't want that?!).
I stumbled upon the Kill Devil Hills Days Inn via a hotel and resort discounting website through MyCokeRewards.com's $50 hotel gift card reward. I didn't know what to expect with this hotel, but based on the pricing, amenities, and reading a handful of reviews on this specific hotel, I booked us a double room for a week for just under $400 (minus taxes and such). We got a basic double room that faced north. The room was tiny for a room that has two full sized beds in it. But the room was CLEAN. After having a few hotel blunders with other hotel chains that involved bugs and frogs, all I ask for now is that a room is clean and maintained. This hotel does a great job at cleaning and maintaining their rooms and hotel.
We indulged in many of the amenities of the hotel including afternoon cookies and lemonade (FREE) and the grill out back (also FREE) to cook dinners on. Also from our room it was a minute walk to the beach. It can't get much better than that! But it can... Not only is it beach front but this hotel is close to many area attractions. We ended up walking most places in an effort to save money and get some exercise from all the wonderful, fresh seafood we were eating and cool things like the memorial and the Outerbanks Brewing Station were in walking distance. The only thing with walking around town is that sidewalks are VERY limited. So walk with care!
Overall, I was very pleased with our stay at the Days Inn Kill Devil Hills! The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful (with our frequent questions) and the hospitality crew did a great job with maintaining the hotels cleanliness and appearance. I would recommend this hotel to the budget conscious friends looking for an enjoyable and relaxing stay in the Outerbanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nominated in 2009 by Days Inn as 1 of their 10 Finalists for Best Property of the Year (for a hotel with 75 rooms or less). Oceanfront property with expanded complimentary continental breakfast including waffles, cereals, fruit, yogurt & more. All rooms and suites are smoke free. Afternoon refreshments served from 4-6 pm. Microwave/refrig, coffeemaker, & hi speed wireless internet available in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Oceanfront Wright Brothers Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur Outer Banks, NC
- Kill Devil Hills Days Inn