“Had a awesome time Thank you & we will be back”

Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I am not a big person on writing reviews, but this place impressed me so much I had too. 1) whe drove from Raleigh and got in pretty late even though they were busy they got to me pretty quick check in way very fast and nice staff. 2) Got up to my room 217 & it was very clean probable the cleanest I have seen at a Days inn the room was a little small lucky it was just my wife and I, if you have children besure to call them and ask for an outer room they are bigger. room had a kitchen sink with dishes, microwave, mini fridge, coffie maker, flat screen tv, safe, iron & board. 3) After getting everything put up in my room I wanted to go for a swim because after 4 1/2 hours in a vehicle I needed to relax, so I asked what time the poole clsed and the ladyat the front desk said 10pm it was already 11pm she told me that the gate was still inlocked and if I was quiet i could go for about 30 mins till she was done with the customers to go and lock it & the sprinklers came on around midnight so i had to be out before they came on. 4) Place is one block from the Wright Brothers museum & monument which can I say was pretty cool to i love anything to do with history. In closing I just want to say Thanks to the Staff at the Days inn for an awesome time & I will be back. The whole experiance here was way beyond expectation.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2010

Thank you so much for writing a review for our property--even though you normally don't! I am glad that we made such a great impression that you felt compelled to share your thoughts with everyone.

I will share with the staff your review and your glowing comments. I'm glad that you had a great stay with us. We hope that you can return soon to the Outer Banks (since you're just up the road a bit) and the next time you visit please feel free to contact me or the front desk staff and we will be happy to make reservations for your next stay!

Thanks again--Tonia

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur

Reviewed 19 June 2010

The Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront is located on the oceanfront with a short walk to the beach. Disappointedly, the dune-front room featured an exterior door that opened to the sound of humming air conditioning units rather than the sound of the ocean. The room was clean and comfortable and featured a large, flat-screen television, refrigerator, microwave, and in-room safe. Continental breakfast featured the normal items and make-your-own waffles. Parking was somewhat limited.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2010

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay at our Days Inn Oceanfront. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the set up of our dunefront room for your stay. They are very popular with guests year round. We appreciate your making the long trek from MO and hope to see you another time. Please feel free to contact me directly if you are able to visit the Outer Banks, and I'd be happy to help make reservations for your stay! Thanks--Tonia

Reviewed 11 June 2010

Stayed in a streetside room. Clean. Comfortable bed. Good breakfast with hot waffles. Large pool by the street. Good values for a beach front hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. We appreciate the lovely heading you chose for your review. I'm glad you had a good time during your stay at our property. If you are able to visit with us again, please feel free to contact me directly for reservations and I would be happy to make your reservations for your stay!

Thanks--Tonia

Reviewed 30 May 2010

We stayed the week before the Memorial Day holiday and had a dunefront room. Room was large and clean. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was adequate - waffles, cereal, danishes, yogurt, fruit, etc. Pool was clean and not crowded. Great value for the money!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2010

We appreciate your taking the time to write a review of our Days Inn Oceanfront on the Outer Banks. Thanks for starting the summer season with us on the beach. I'm glad that you had a good time--our dunefront rooms are very popular year round.

If you are able to visit the Outer Bank, please feel free to contact me directly and I'd be happy to help make your reservations!

Reviewed 11 May 2010

We had found this on TripAdvisor and were a little apprehensive when we drove up. The front desk lady was very friendly and let us check-in early. We were upgraded to a room with a kitchentte at the same price. The room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. The only drawback was the size o the bathroom - tiny. And there is really no space to put any toiletries. The breakfast was decent. The motel is situated on the beach. We enjoyed it so much that we decided to extend our stay by one day!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property--sorry I am a little late in responding. I'm glad that you had a great time with us and that you got to stay a little longer. We appreciate your giving us a try for your stay. If you are able to visit the Outer Banks again we hope that you'll give us a call and we'd be happy to have you with us again!

Reviewed 30 March 2010

We had found this on TripAdvisor and wasn't sure when we pulled up. The staff was very friendly and let us look at the room before we decided. Our room was an ocean front and only $69.00 off season rate. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was better then most. The in room refrigerator was a bonus we hadn't planned on.On the computer in the lobby we were able to then look on TripAdvisor for our next stop along our trip to the Outer Banks.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
DIManagement, Dir of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am happy that you enjoyed your experience with us!

The off season is a great time to visit and get great deals here on the Outer Banks, and we run many specials on our website year-round.

The next time you are able to visit, please feel free to contact me directly to make reservations. I'd be happy to help you!

Thanks again--Tonia

Reviewed 15 March 2010

my husband live in suffolk, va, which is only an hour or so away from nags head.....we skip away to the outer banks at least once a month and our favorite time to go alone is during the off season and away from the crowds. we have only ever stayed here at this days inn.......we have been together 8 years and married almost 5 and when it comes time to go, this is where we come! the rooms are always clean, the staff is so nice and helpful, the breakfast (and coffee of course) is perfect for us, and it is always quiet. we have five kds and the quiet is what we need!! haha!! i cannot recommend this hotel enough......there is so much character in this one spot, you will fall in love just as we did!! thank you days in for a great time as always:)

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clemsongirl0502
DIManagement, Dir of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2010

Thank you taking the time to write a review of our Days Inn Oceanfront on the Outer Banks. We appreciate your visiting with us whenever you get a chance to "getaway from it all."

I am pleased that you found everything to your liking for your stay. When you are able to visit again, please feel free to contact me directly for reservations!

Thanks! Tonia

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
#12 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront

Been to Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur? Share your experiences!