First of all you have to know that only the hotel corridors faces the beach directly. From the rooms you have a 90° angle to look at the sea. Secondly there are (at least) two room standards: 'superior' rooms with access by interior AND exterior corridors, the latter which can be used as porch/balcony, while the rooms on the other side of the interior corridor - where we stayed - only have windows. Ours was not to open. Therefore upon our arrival the room was smelly. After two days of permanent use of the air-condition the smell vanished. The room was for US-standards very narrow and two suitcases made the room barely walkable.
The breakfast room is tiny and at certain times you have to take your breakfast to the lobby for a place to sit. The breakfast is very continental and corresponds exactly to the hotel description.
The lobby has one seating area with a couple of upholstered chairs. The computer also available in the lobby only allowed to work while standing. The light was gloomy. This does not meet at least our understanding of coziness.
And in addition this was the by far most expensive hotel of our entire trip. In other beach and mountain resorts we got for less money by far more quality, even on the Outer Banks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nominated in 2009 by Days Inn as 1 of their 10 Finalists for Best Property of the Year (for a hotel with 75 rooms or less). Oceanfront property with expanded complimentary continental breakfast including waffles, cereals, fruit, yogurt & more. All rooms and suites are smoke free. Afternoon refreshments served from 4-6 pm. Microwave/refrig, coffeemaker, & hi speed wireless internet available in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Oceanfront Wright Brothers Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur Outer Banks, NC
- Kill Devil Hills Days Inn