“Got the breakfast basics right!”

Chilli Peppers Coastal Grill
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 28 April 2013

First time for breakfast at Chilli Peppers for the wine queen and me. We've had lunch there a couple of times, and never considered that they might serve breakfast on weekends. Brunch, actually, from 9:00 to 3:00. The menu has a decent variety, but it's not your usual breakfast fare from my perspective. There are a lot of specialty combo's. So let me start here. The home fried potatoes were very good. To me, that means they were, however they did it, cooked enough. Nothing irks me more than a home fry that is still half raw. And the coffee had character. I've had enough watered down coffee, and theirs was perhaps too strongly flavored for some, I guess. But I loved it. The queen had cheesy grits with her breakfast, and she pronounced it good.

I usually steer clear of Mexican sounding dishes, but this is Chilli Peppers, after all. So I tried the breakfast tamale. It had was stuffed with scrambled eggs and sausage, with a dark chili gravy and salsa on top, with a side of lettuce with salsa and sour cream. For some reason, I was thinking that we might get toast, but we didn't. And that was OK. I left stuffed.

The wine queen had breakfast totillas, and they had eggs and bacon, etc in them. Very good, she proclaimed.

Each of our choices was $7.99 as I recall. Worth it at a beach venue.

Our waiter was a big burley guy with a geat sense of humor. That's a plus when having to deal with me early in the AM.

They also have a basic ordinary breakfast for $4.49 that consists of eggs, bacon, potatoes I think, and toast. I'll try that next time, probably. Yes, there will be a next time.

There are newer reviews for Chilli Peppers Coastal Grill

Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

This little place has some excellent local fresh food! And has a good variety of food as well. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had tacos which were fresh and very good and fresh fish mcbites that were awesome! Decent priced and pretty nice restaurant!

Reviewed 31 March 2013

The best Key Lime pie I have ever eaten and I have been to Key West! I don't remember what else I had because the pie was the outstanding feature.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Yes, I know the duck tacos came off the menu over 10 years ago, but I'm still mad. The food is a little inconsistant, but not bad. The atmosphere is a little cramped and you'll get to know the couple sitting next to you really well. But seriously, get the duck tacos back on the menu!

Reviewed 19 October 2012

First time visiting OBX and we've already eaten here twice. Comprehensive kids' menu, cute atmosphere, decent prices and everything was delicious. Fish bites, crab dip, sirloin medallions, Mac-n-cheese, taco salad, fish sandwich...all were great! Service was fantastic too. I don't know what it used to be like, but we had no complaints either time. Oh, and the 7up cake is awesome.