“The Perfect Place!”
other travellers have booked this property
Wellington By The Sea
Oceanfront Exterior Rear (View from the beach)
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Oceanfront Exterior
Rear (View from the beach)
Community Pool
Master Bedroom
3rd Bedroom w/ Bunks
3rd Bedroom
Ocean views from private balcony
Oceanfront community grills and dining areas
Ocean Views from private balcony
View from front exterior balcony
Community Features
Community Features
Community Pool area
Community Pool Area
Ariel View
Ariel View II
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“The Perfect Place!”
Reviewed 26 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

This unit is amazing! My family and I could not find one thing wrong with unit during our stay. We arrived the day after Easter to find an immaculately clean condo. Traveling with my Father who is semi bed ridden has certainly had it challenges over the years. However this unit is the perfect stay if you are traveling with a wheelchair bound individual. The building is equipped with an elevator and the parking lot had plenty of room for my Dad's wheelchair van! We had no trouble at all getting him from the parking lot, into the condo, and into the bedroom in which he and my Mother were staying. The master bedroom has french doors which make wheelchair entry a breeze. The is the first place we have stayed in which my Dad was able to sit up in the bed and see/listen to the waves. Which is big deal! As far as other features, the master bath has an AWESOME tile shower which could be also accessible to a physically challenged individual but is also great for anyone that is like me, larger than the average person. The kitchen has stainless steel appliances and is very spacious with plenty of dishes, the cabinet shelves are also labeled so the renters know exactly where to place dishes after washing. The other bedrooms were also more than enough space for our family as my wife and I stayed in the Queen bedroom and our kids slept in the room next to us. The kids room contained a Queen bed and bunk beds. The unit also came with board games, DVDs, DVD players, and many beach items at the renter's disposal which we found very handy with the kids. The unit has 2 spots for parking, a single garage and one open parking spot, the garage came in handy as it was pouring down rain as we returned from picking up groceries the first night. We were able to stay dry! As far as pictures, we did not take any of the condo however the supplied pictures on this site are SPOT ON! The owner was easy to contact for questions and was always just an email away if we needed advice or instructions. You can't go wrong staying at this place! Recommend 100%!

laurie k
“Awesome ”
Reviewed 7 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

Stayed in unit 102 and loved it. Very clean. Comfortable furniture..including the beds. Great sights from the balcony. Everything u need was in the condo.

16 Aug 2016
Hi Laurie - Thanks for taking the time to post this review - Note that review if for a different unit (102) in the same building as ours (203). I am glad that you enjoyed your vacation and left a great review – I just wanted to note that it's just not for our unit.

Thanks,
Matt Carothers
Annville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Liked best: Closeness to beach
Liked least: Squeaky master bed.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
4 Aug 2016
Thanks Greg - Glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacation and I look into the items mentioned this off-season.
Carol M
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Stay away from any Sun Realty property!”
Reviewed 1 January 2016 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

This condo is a great size & its location doesn't get any better, but beware of a property rented by Sun Realty. This condo was disgustedly filthy! Even after multiple phone calls, we had to beg to get someone in to see and clean it! And when they were done which was 6pm, we recleaned it ourselves and it still was dirty! One of the toilets wasn't working when they were done cleaning so I wondered how they cleaned it! That took a day to get someone in to fix it! We had paid for early arrival, and they were willing to reimburse me the $100. But we had to beg to be reimbursed for the first day since we couldn't get in until late! There was 7 of us and 2 were small children! Unfortunately we did love the condo unit but we will never ever rent from Sun Realty again! If your smart you won't either!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
8 Jan 2016
Hi Carol:

Thanks for your review and I am sorry to hear that you had that unpleasant experience. Your reservation was made through Sun (not Tripadvisor) and maybe better suited for their website but regardless I did follow up as to the issues with your early check-in as neither us nor the house cleaning crew was aware of the early check-in.

This appears to be the root of your frustration and I will ensure that early check-ins are not promised in the future.

It was my understanding that the Sun lease reads "Check-in time is between 4:00pm-5:30pm depending on house preparation?. I do not know what was promised but I glad that they tried to make things right by refunding any early check-in fees and your first day since the condo was not ready until 6:00.

Feel free to reach out to me directly will any feedback.

Thanks again,

Charleston, West Virginia
“Surprised ”
Reviewed 12 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

Based on the photos on the Sun Realty page and trip advisor I thought I was walking in to a updated well maintained condo. Was I surprised we paid over $1800.00 because we needed. 3 bedroom and 2 baths.
We were also informed it would be cleaned when we arrived, I know that some people have degrees of clean, but this condo is filthy.
I'm on my way to the Walmart to pick up cleaning supplies and Lysol. The shower has mold on the tile in the master bathroom, the floor needs swept and mopped all the furniture needs dusted and cleaned.
I'm not sure if the realty or the on sight manager is responsible for the final cleaning. There's dust a inch thick on the base boards.
It also said linens are provided if you call 2 towels and 2 wash clothes for each bedroom linens provided I guess they are. In the kitchen you have a dish towel no dish rag..
Like I said based on the previous reviews. I was surprised.

7 Dec 2015
Hi Dee:

I am sorry to hear that the condo was not clean upon your arrival. Had we know of the issues, I would have advised you to call the rental agency and they would come out and re-cleaned the condo.

The rental agency also could have provided additional linens if you needed them.

Hopefully you were still to still enjoy your vacation.

Matt Carothers, owner Wellington By The Sea - 203
tinkeroo3...
Ballston Lake, New York
“Wonderful stay at Wellington By the Sea!”
Reviewed 24 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

This was my family's first trip to the Outer Banks and we were so glad to have chosen this condo to rent. We decided to travel here after our daughter's graduation from college to celebrate with the family. Everyone loved the place from the moment we unlocked the door! Plenty of room for the five of us to be together. We still had room for a few more to join us! The condo was very clean and comfortable. Very close to restaurants, Wright brother memorial and Food Lion. I had to ask about something minor and Matt responded right away to answer my question. The views were spectacular. Grabbed our beach chairs and umbrella from the garage to enjoy our day on the beach. Back staircase from the balcony made it easy to access the beach. So nice to wash away the sand from the beach, at the water spout, before going to the staircase. We never heard our neighbors moving about in their condo units. Very peaceful with only the sound of the waves hitting the shore. Can't wait to go back for another stay!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautiful views of the ocean/beach from the balcony.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Bigeddiet...
Nashville, Tennessee
“Fabulous OBX Condo made our trip a marvelous experience.”
Reviewed 3 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

This condo has it all. Great views right on the ocean. Great location from which to visit all of the OBX. All necessary amenities nearby (restaurants, groceries, etc). Must be one of the very best choices in Kill Devil Hills. Clean, well furnished, wifi, cable TV. Easy direct access onto the beach. We could not have asked for more.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Fabulous views of the beach and ocean
Liked least: Miscue on linen service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing