“Very enjoyable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
“Very enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

We've been here several times and always pleased with our visit. Good food and service. They have nice specials. The lasagna is quite tasty. In my opinion there is better pizza on the beach, but it is decent. Nice atmosphere. We'll be back.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Revisited.....recant of previous post.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Posted a review of this restaurant back in May that was fairly positive. Main issue was with the service. Well it seems like they addressed the service. Nothing at all to complain about. The meal was well paced. The waitress made a point of telling us she would hold our entree order until we had received our appetizers. Apps were tasty. Dessert was very good.

However, the main entrees were so disappointing. I ordered the veal parmigiano. What I received was a pre-processed ground veal patty, breaded and fried. Inexcusable for an Italian restaurant. It was horrible. The sauce was advertised as rustic Italian. My Sicilian Grandmother would roll over in her grave if she saw me eat this. It was watery and runny. When I tilted the plate, a pool of red water collected in the corner of the plate. Unacceptable. Plus it cost $18.95. Later in the week we ate at Josephine's Sicilian Kitchen where I had another veal dish. The veal was a real piece of veal, not processed ground veal and it cost $14.95.

My wife's meal...a special advertised as pasta with mushrooms and hot sausage was tasty.... however, the sausage was a pre-package sausage sliced so thin my wife could not distinquish between the mushrooms and sausage. Again...how does an Italian restaurant even think about pre-packaged/pre-sliced sausage?

We had also ordered a pizza. The Sicilian on the recommendation of the waitress. Yea....will not return again. We will go to Josephine's instead.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pghguy
Pittsburgh
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Decided on this place for lunch. A little worried that when we got there, no one else was there. Even while there, only two other tables came in. When places are empty, it makes me worry about the food, but no need to be.

Had a mix of food, and almost all was good. Cheesesteak, godfather, meatball sandwiches and the sangiovannella. They were all full of flavor, and were enjoyed. The alfredo was a little bland, and wouldn't recommend, but everything else was amazing.

Service was also friendly and efficient. The waitress did a good job keeping our drinks full, gave the kids crayons/paper, and made sure we had everything we needed. Price was reasonable also.

It's very non descript, in a strip mall with Food Lion, but if you're looking for some Italian you should go here. We wouldn't hesitate to return.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Perfect for take out to feed hungry kids. Great pasta!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Got ravioli and fettuccine. Delicious dishes. Kids split an entree. Was ready in 10 minutes. Would return for sure.

mechanicsville, maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stopped at Café Franco's for lunch when we first arrived in Kill Devil Hills. It was so good, we decided to make it our last meal before we left. OMG-I had an Italian Margarita that was great, but my chicken piccata was to die for. The home made rolls right out of the oven melt in your mouth. My spouse loved his veal parmigiana, and our granddaughter loved her pizza. I almost forgot to mention the desserts. We had the lemon cream cake-fabulous. Our server was wonderful.