“Food was good but felt a little rushed....” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Franco's
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Romantic
Roanoke, Virginia
“Food was good but felt a little rushed....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Cafe Franco's is located in the same shopping center as Food Lion. Its not a very big restaurant but the food was very good. The only complaint was that it felt as though the waitress was rushing us.

Visited May 2014

“Hidden Gem ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Just went to Franco's this evening for my girlfriend's bday. GREAT FIND! A real hidden gem. food was great. atmosphere was comfortable, clean and quaint. not to fancy. not to casual. service was good and very friendly. was nervous about it being an important day, oh yeah, and my gf is not.only half Italian but she also lived there for a year. night couldn't have been better. thanks Leah and franco for a great evening in OBX. we'll be back.

2 Thank Jonathan S
Spangdahlem, Germany
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

A local recommended Cafe Franco's to us and we were so glad that they did! Excellent food, super friendly and efficient waitress, and a great experience overall. Can't wait to go back!

Visited May 2014
Stafford, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food, Horrible Service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Went to this establishment at 6pm on a Saturday night during the off season in OBX. By DC standards, it was not busy; no wait. The restaurant has limited seating; about 8 booths, six tables, and a small bar. With four waters/waitresses working ~3 tables each, this is the service we received. It took ten minutes to order food and drinks. Ordered both at the same time since we already had plenty of time to look at the menu. Ten minutes later we got our drinks. Ten minutes after that we got our bread and food at the same time. The food was great, not the best, but certainly delicious. Twenty minutes into our meal and we had not gotten any drink refills, so I went to the bar and got them. We finish our food and wait another twenty minutes before I went to the bar again and demanded the check. Frankly $43 for two people (2 x pasta, no alcohol) is pretty steep. Paired with this sort if service it's a ripoff. If you decide to visit this place, my advice is to sit at the bar.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank elevenbrav0
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
“Good service, high prices, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I'm a local here in the Outer Banks and I live less than an mile from Franco's. When I first visited alone I had a wonderful meal (Ziti Sangiovannella) I remember it being delicious. My experiences since have been less than memorable. The food isn't horrible it's just not that great.

My most recent experience finally made me decide to write a review. I'll start off by saying one night I happened to be craving the ziti dish and tried to call in a to go order, after calling for 20 minutes and checking their web-site for hours and closings, I gave up. Recently I was again craving some pasta so a couple friends and I visited Franco's again. Service was prompt, waitress was charming and sweet. However, the Calamari was a small portion, my ziti was almost all noodles with little else (keep in mind it's described to have ground beef, ham, italian sausage and mushrooms in it) and my boyfriend who had the meat lasagna said it tasted more like chili.

Honestly I would go here again if I didn't feel like venturing to far from home, but this is not even close to the top of my list for dining in the Outer Banks. Lower the prices three to six dollars per entree and it would be easier to swallow.

On the plus side they do offer whole wheat pasta and gluten free pasta.

• Visited January 2014