“Great little place,friendly staff!”
Review of Outer Banks Inn

Outer Banks Inn
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed here on October 6th and 7th and we just love it here,we were referred by Richard Sedlar,Chief engineer whom we met at another hotel we were staying in kitty hawk,we were going to stay longer at the other hotel,but we were just not happy there,it was problem after problem,so we had a problem with the plumbing in the bathroom and then we met Richard whom fixed the problem,but we still didn't want to stay,so he recommended The Outer banks Inn and told us about it so we went up there and looked at the room and the place and we were sold,he was very helpful and we checked in and glad we did,we felt very welcomed and just felt very comfortable there,Gail I believe that was her name(with glasses) was very friendly and just pleasent ,and Emily also and we had a tiny issue and the General manager Joshua was more than generous to help us.we even cooked out on the barbecue grill and was just nice,and the pool was clean and the beach was close by and the rates was very reasonable..the room was quiet and clean,and we will definetly be back,thank you all for making our stay here a great one!

Room Tip: the first floor was quiet as we thought.
1  Thank Bill R
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Bill I am so glad you were able to find our hotel and enjoyed your stay. I certainly remember you and am glad our staff made a good impression. We do hope you return soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

The hubby and I stayed at the Outerbanks Inn for the last weekend in September. The front desk clerk was cheery and check in was a breeze. Our room was on the 1st floor and we entered from the side door. The flooring seemed a bit uneven to me as we proceeded to our room next to the ice machine. Immediately I thought red flag but that was not a concern. However, in the bathroom was a dead bug on the floor behind the door. I was annoyed but the hubby removed the bug and told me not to fret about it. We thoroughly checked the room, bed and sheets. They were clean so I felt at ease. The bathroom shower head was detachable so you can spray your body with the water. Our stay was pleasant and the Inn was conveniently located. We were able to drive to three lighthouses in one day. I will definitely stay at the Outerbanks Inn again. I would have given 5 stars but there are more renovations needed in my opinion.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lovely4travel

I sincerely appreciate your feedback. Feedback only helps us improve. I am sorry for your discovery when first entering the room as this is never acceptable. I am pleased to hear the rooms was fresh and clean. We do work with a local company to help aid us in controlling pests however sometimes they slip through. I appreciate your understanding. We are planning more renovations as the owner likes to pick areas to improve each off season. I do hope you are able to return soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed at the Outer Banks Inn 10/5-10/08/13. This was a great location to venture on our motorcycle for a day trip to Ocracoke one day then up to Duck the next day for some leisurely shopping! We were central to many restaurants and some in walking distance. The hotel staff was very friendly and helped make recommendations for their favorite places to eat. They were very accommodating to letting us keep our trailer for the motorcycle parked out back (it was the beginning of off season). Our room was perfect for my husband and I. We weren't at the hotel that much but it was great to come rest between our outings. We will definately stay here on our next trip to the outer banks. They even have rooms to accommodate our family of 5 which is hard to find!

2  Thank Ajk1ot

I sincerely appreciate the kind words. We hope to see you again soon and maybe next time you can bring the entire family. I will pass along your kind words to the staff.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed here on our trip around the OBX. Katie was very helpful in booking our room before we headed out on our trip and was just as helpful when we were checking out the morning we left. The room was very clean and quiet. The blackout curtains were perfect for sleeping in. We had leftovers from dinner and were pleased to have a mini fridge and microwave in the room. We did not use the pool (did not have time) but plan on using it our next stay (weather permitting). The inn is just down the street from great restaurants, the Wright Brother's memorial and the town of Monteo. I loved waking up and being able to walk down the hall to the lobby for breakfast as well.

Room Tip: First floor all the way! Easy access to the pool, parking and lobby.
3  Thank Angela Y

Angela, thank you so much for the kind words. I will certainly pass this along to the staff. We hope you are able to return soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

located a block from the beach with a great straff this id an excellent value and is in a very continent location. I don't do stairs well and we were quickly moved to a first floor room near the parking lot that solved the problem.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank charlie525
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay while you were with us. I will certainly share your comments with the staff.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband and I greatly enjoyed our stay at the Outer Banks Inn. The staff were all great. Josh, Katie, Eric, Emily, Gale. They steered us in the right direction for restaurants and activities. We definitely would stat there again. Our room was fine. The beach was extremely close. The price was right!

Room Tip: We stayed on first floor which was good location for us.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edward W

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am certainly blessed with a wonderful staff. We all hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

My fiancé and I decided to take a spur of the moment trip to the Outer Banks (we live near Raleigh) and from the moment I called the hotel to see if there were rooms available, the customer service was nothing but excellent. Emily at the front desk was super helpful and accommodating. And when we had an issue with the phone in the room, Richard from the maintenance staff tended to the issue right away. He was also very conveniently available to drive the shuttle to the beach as soon as we asked to go. While the room was pretty standard and not too much to write home about, every other aspect of the experience was wonderful for an impromptu get-away! We even extended our trip another day because of the great service. I especially recommend this time of year (early fall) for an outer banks visit, due to very comfortable weather, and a less busy, more laid back environment.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah N

Sarah I couldn't agree more that the fall is the best time of year in this area. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff provided great service while you were here. We certainly hope you are able to return soon.