“Good food!”

Mako Mikes Beach Grille & Bar
Price range: US$1 - US$27
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Mako Mike's menu has something delicious for every palate featuring: fresh Outer Banks seafood, filets, chicken, pork, veal, pasta dishes, salads, chowders, delicious appetizers, and wood oven pizzas made in our authentic Italian wood burning oven! One of the most dynamic menus of all Outer Banks restaurants.
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The food tasted very fresh and was seasoned nicely without any chemical tastes that seem to be present in so many resturants. They served a basket of delicious, warm rolls and hushpuppy bread squares while we waited for our meals to arrive. We also liked the menu and our family tried a variety of different seafood dishes that we don't usual find in resturants where we live. We were all very pleased, even the picky eaters! If you like seafood, don't hesitate to try Mako Mike's when visiting OBX.

1  Thank Doug A

Reviewed 5 May 2012

The service was HORENDOUS. We waited 15 minutes for someone to take our order,and we were on of three parties there. My fish was cold in the middle, my fries were bland. I do not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank hoho7199
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My family was in Kill Devil Hills for the Flying Pirate marathon. On Saturday night we were looking for a place to eat. We are from eastern NC and visit the coast often. Mako Mikes appeared to be a nice restaurant for a family meal. I ordered the nightly special, fried oysters for a $20.00 price. I had about 8 small oysters and they were soggy. My husband ordered the blackened tuna and he could not eat it because it was tough! My daughter ordered a pasta dish that she said was OK but nothing special. My granddaughter had the child's shrimp, frozen shrimp with tails not very child friendly. For the price of our meal, and being on the coast, food was terrible.

1  Thank Pollocksville
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Our waitperson, Todd was very good. The food was not up to par, the oysters were too small, the prime rib was under-cooked and the portions for the sides were too small. I am not going there again.

1  Thank kchase6
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Our party of 10 had a great meal.2 Seniors a couple parents and 6 kids Ages 12 to 20.,,.not a single complaint and
Every plate was empty... From the clam chowder to the prime rib all was very good to excellent...service was outstanding Todd did an excellent job not only with our table but the surrounding ones as well....he catered to our every need and was very attentive...we are lookilng forward to going back...

1  Thank rupedogs