“Good service”

Port O' Call Restaurant and Gaslight Saloon
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had very good service by our waiter. The place was empty due to weather. The shrimp and grits were good. The dining room area is very formal looking. The bar had area had a great cozy atmosphere with balcony, dark wood, and a stage area. The shop was a lot of fun with some very interesting items and beautiful jewelry. Lots of antiques on display and for sale!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

On April 13, 2014 Port O' Call catered our wedding. We ordered the Low Country Boil for our guests; the food arrived on time and Chef Paul Penrose delivered the food himself. The food was plentiful, delicious and we even has some left over. We have NO complaints (Bride was happy, Groom was happy and the guests were happy)
We also had dinner there on the 15th of April. I new husband had the Prime Rib with the season veggies and I had the Ribeye also with the season veggies. (OMG so good) If you like honey mustard for your dressing ask to taste it.............that was so good too it has a real honey taste.

Try the Crepe's.............(Rasberry is the best)

Chef Paul and Staff thank you for a wonderful Wedding experience and a great Honeymoon dinner.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stopped in on a rainy and windy
night on the Outer Banks. Was not in the mood for seafood as I wanted something to fill me all the way up! My wife went for the crab legs and a bacon wrapped shrimp appetizer. My kids split a crab dip then got an Alfredo and chicken fingers with fries. They said they dug it and their empty plates proved it. But the best part of my night was the prime rib. You get a salad to start but otherwise nothing was gonna keep me from finishing the 16 ouncer I ordered with their potato of the day- sort of a cheese and bacon potato bake. This prime rib is the sole reason I am writing this review. IT IS AWESOME!!!! Service was nice too-server was named Brian. Manager came by and talked to every table, seemed sincere. We are going back again this week!

1  Thank Memywifeandkidsx2
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Visiting the Outer Banks with my young neices before the season begins. I wanted to take them to a restaurant that I have often enjoyed, so we went to the Port O' Call. It was a Monday evening, so the restaurant was not crowded. We were seated quickly, as my neices are 6 and 8, not having to wait for seating was a great help. Our server was very prompt to the table and very friendly. We looked over the menu; I appreciate the number of selections we could choose from. The girls were thrilled with the "grown-up" frozen cocktails and the beautiful fruit plate. I had a fresh salad with delicious blue cheese dressing on the side.
I ordered the fried shrimp, the girls choose steak and alfredo. The food was presented beautifully, my shrimp were lightly breaded, so I could really taste the shrimp. The servings were generous. I expected to take some home, but we finished it all!
The girls were looking forward to dessert, so plates were finished. The chocolate cake they selected was moist and delicious.
Our service was not rushed, but dinner moved along well, so the girls didn't have a reason to be restless. I even was able to enjoy an espresso after my meal.
This restaurant has been a long-time favorite of mine and I know that I will return to enjoy the atmosphere, the service and the food on my next trip to the beach.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We read the reviews and decided to try it out-big mistake!! We ordered appetizers. One of the clams was very bad-required spitting out and lemon to be brought to the table to get the awful taste out of his mouth. The Oysters Rockefeller was good. The main meals came out-ALL of it was stone cold! The prime rib was tiny. We sent the food back-the waitress by the way was wonderful-and it came back JUST AS COLD! At that point, we gave up, sent it all back and the manager came out. The manager tried to sell us the scam that the prime rib is supposed to be 'cool' in temp. He comped the bill but what a disappointing and wasted evening. STAY AWAY!