“Good meal, great service, but on the more expensive side”

Miller's Seafood & Steak House
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My family and I ate here twice while on our vacation in the Outer Banks. Both times the service was exceptional which is a big plus for the place. I can't stress enough that the service we received was amazing. The food was good but it wasn't anything super exceptional. I had a ribeye one night and found it to be a tad bit bland and kind of thin for the price. I had much better for a lower price at several other restaurants so that is a bit disappointing. The place is also pretty dark and there are a lot of tables packed into a small space so it makes it pretty loud in there which takes away from the atmosphere a bit. Overall the place is decent but for the prices they're charging, you might be better off going somewhere else.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Visiting with my family and we were searching for crab legs and shrimp (specifically). Found Miller's on this site and thought we'd give it a try. Not disappointed!

The hush puppies were a hit as well as the crab legs & shrimp. The steam combo was a perfect choice and all four of us shared two portions (that's a lot of food)! We didn't try any desserts because we were so full!

Wait staff was great and we didn't have to wait long for our food (we did get there about 4:30pm so that night have helped too). As we left, the rest of the restaurant was full as well as the waiting area. Give it a try, you'll be back like we will.

1  Thank Lance A
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Our family was visiting the Outer Banks and based on Trip Advisor reviews visited Miller's Seafood for dinner. Our party of 7 was greeted and after a few minutes shown to a table. Our drink order was taken and they arrived, along with 2 baskets of the best hush puppies I have ever eaten. Most of us wanted seafood, but there were several non-seafood items and a children's menu. We ordered and the meals were exceptional. I had the stuffed flounder, the stuffing was crab meat and it was broiled to perfection. Everyone enjoyed their meals, then our waitress did the unthinkable, brought the dessert tray. We ordered 3 desserts, a chocolate peanut butter cup cheesecake, a chocolate fudge cake and a key lime pie cheesecake. They were very good. Then the bill came. The only reason for 4 stars is that the prices are a bit steep. Even with a 15% off coupon the bill for our family of 5 (my brother and his wife paid for their own meals) with 2 eating off the children's menu and only 1 drink cost was $115, plus a tip, ouch. By far the most expensive meal in OBX. But the food was good and the wait staff friendly and efficient. Just be prepared for the bill.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Decent food, expensive, not much of a beachy atmosphere. Restaurant didn't have much character. Signature hush puppies were bland. However, we had fairly good service.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

They have a very complete menu from seafood to steaks. The fried green tomatoes appetizer with crab meat is to die for. Service was excellent and hush puppies with butter were plentiful and delicious. I would definitely go back. We were there for dinner, but I have been told by others that this is also a GREAT place for breakfast.