“Good way to transition to the beach”

Awful Arthur's Oyster Bar
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 6 June 2014

On arrival for a weeks stay at Nags Head, my sister and I wanted to initiate ourselves to "the beach". We chose Awful Arthurs for drinks and appetizers. She had been before and enjoyed it. We had wine and pina colada and our bartender told us of the fresh fish they had just gotten in. But we ordered Tuna Bites and Crab Bites. All was very tasty and large portions. We sat at the bar and it was very comfortable. The restaurant was busy but not overly noisy. Several tables were of families and the menu choices and prices were very reasonable. It was exactly what we needed to break us in for our beach stay. We would do this again next time.

1  Thank CMtrips_12
Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived with my family on Friday afternoon, only to be greeted with kindness and respect. Food was fantastic and the waitress was a close second to the food. Pricing is right there with the food portions. No complaints there. They even give you a four dollar coupon to buy one of there awesome shirts next door. I only wish I would have been to this place earlier in the week. Then I would not have been subject to the garbage food I had during the week. Will definitely be back here

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Had appetizers at the raw bar while waiting for a table. The raw bar was awesome...fresh Chesapeake oysters and crab were excellent. Dinner was very good too, and service was excellent. Atmosphere was what you would expect from a place with "awful" in its name, but in this case that's a good thing...it was very appropriate for the location and just what I'd hoped it would be...a cool casual place to chow down on some fresh seafood.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had the crab, shrimp and corn chowder....yummy with a kick....full of loud laughter...lots of families, couples and friends.... Come to the beach to relax? Good food ...

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stopped in for a drink and stayed for dinner. Great service. Ordered soft shell crabs that were awesome. Good prices and right off the beach.