“Lunch & Dinner”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We both had the fried chicken salad yesterday. Oh, it was so good - the chicken was hot, really tender and had a light, crunchy coating. The buttermilk dressing was creamy & light. We enjoyed dinner so much, that we went back for dinner. I had the half order of pork ribs that came with cole slaw and fries. The BBQ sauce was a little sweet with a slight kick. Good-sized portions of cole slaw and piping hot fries. Oh, and the pecan chocolate pie - save room for that!

1  Thank Diana E
Write a ReviewReviews (1,894)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The steak egg rolls and the wings are to die for. DH loved their key lime pie, I liked the crust but the pie was just too sweet for me. DH got the Tile Fish sandwich and I got the soft shell crab.
Although DH ate his sandwich, he said it was just ok. I would not have eaten it as it had a very strong, fishy taste. I probably got 2 Tablespoons of meat from my sandwich. The crab was very small. It probably has about 1/3 of a smaller size hamburger bun. But the problem wasn't the size especially, but I keep crunching on something I couldn't chew. I finally took the bun off and found the back of the crab covered in a brown tough filmy "shell". I pulled that off and got a big bite of the horrid tasting mustard. I have had soft shell crab before, but they removed this as it is the part of the crab that filters impurities. Between the back filmy substance, the mustard and what seemed like cartilage in the crab - there was almost nothing actually edible. I paid $13 for fries.
I was also surprised at the buns - fast food restaurants serve better buns. The seasoned fries were ok but nothing special. The service was outstanding - although I mentioned my distaste of the crab and was offered no substitution. Our bill was slightly over $60 for 2 appetizers, 2 sandwiches and fries and 2 pies. If the sandwiches had been as great as the appetizers, I would have it a fair deal.

Go and enjoy the appetizers and desserts but I could not recommend their lunches or dinners based on our experience. We were really disappointed as we expected much more based on the reviews we read before our trip.

1  Thank pianogal83
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Had a great meal. Many choices on menu and reasonably priced. Staff friendly and knowledgeable. Kid's chicken tenders looked hand breaded. Homemade barbecue sauce.
Cleanest bathrooms I've seen in a restaurant in a long time.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I had heard a lot about this place so my husband and I decided to give it a try. Best decision ever! Our waitress was so informative and explained everything to us and answered all of our questions. My chicken sandwich was probably the best I've ever had. No matter if it was our waitress/waiter, whoever was walking by would notice if our drinks needed refilled and would get us more. This place had the best service I've ever received. Will definitely eat there again on our next visit.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I had dinner there tonight. We split a pound of steamed shrimp and a KDG salad. The shrimp were huge and very fresh. They were cooked and seasoned perfectly. The salad was huge and had a really tasty vinegrette dressing. We actually took some of the salad back to the hotel with us. On Thursday nights their Bud and Miller Lite drafts are $2.00 each. Our waitress was Danielle and she was very attentive, as were all of the waitresses. Several asked if I wanted another beer as they walked by the table. Get there early or be prepared to wait. It is a very popular place for good reason!

1  Thank Bruce J