“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Flying Fish Cafe - CLOSED

Flying Fish Cafe
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located at Milepost 9.75 in Kill Devil Hills on Route 158 (Bypass)
Boesingen
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Very warm welcome & very friendly staff, with a special thank for our outstanding waiter David!
And of course our fish-menues were delicious - just a great experience in this european-styled restaurant!

Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCE!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My very first soft -shell crab and it won't be my last! From the AMAZING bacon crab cheese spread to the way above-excellent service (David) to the really spectacular wine list, this is one of the best restaurant experiences we have EVER had! We're telling everyone we know how much we loved our dinner experience!!!!!

1 Thank Benjamin J
Olney, Maryland
“Good, but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I just returned from dinner at the Flying Fish and I am writing this with a glass of water next to me to counteract the overly-salty meal I just experienced. We chose this restaurant because we had been before and thought it was very good.Tonight's meal was not up to par. On the positive side, our server was friendly and attentive. Fresh, warm bread and olive oil started our meal and our water glasses were always filled. We ordered the appetizer special, a crab dip. It was lukewarm and only OK. I ordered the Mahi with rice pilaf and asparagus. The fish was nicely prepared, however, the asparagus was overcooked and the pilaf was so salty I didn't finish it. My husband had the tuna with mixed vegetables and the same pilaf. He thought the tuna was good, but overcooked for "medium well." There was no pink to be found. He didn't mind the pilaf as much as I did. I know it is early in the season, and I hope the chefs at the Flying Fish find their groove. As for now, I can't highly recommend it.

Richmond, Virginia
“Favorite at OBX”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

It is my favorite restaurant and has been for years! The filet mignon is so good and the gorgonzola butter is to die for! I don't normally like mashed potatoes, but the garlic mashed are truly delicious. Creme brulee for dessert. Yum! PLUS, I really like the quiet atmosphere. A great escape at the end of the day for a couple.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank meowgal
Seymour, Tennessee
“Fresh fish, well prepared”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We visited for our anniversary. I would recommend making reservations. We had tried to make this spot last year, but missed it.
Our server was Frieda and was very attentive. We had the crab dip to start, unfortunately it was not properly heated, but it was returned quickly and was very good.
Salads were plentiful and very fresh. I would suggest the creamy Feta dressing.
I had lamb chops which were very good. My husband had some fresh fish Mahi, it also was very good.
It was a nice atmosphere which is deceptive from the exterior. Limited beer menu, but wines were plentiful.