“Pancakes Are the BEST on the Beach”
Review of Ship's Wheel - CLOSED

Ship's Wheel
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

If you love pancakes, then you will love this place. Prices are creeping up this year, but it did not stop me from my annual trips to Ships Wheel for breakfast. Service can be slow if they are packed, but it will be worth the wait!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great service, and food. The pancakes were yummy! Our waiter was a male, forgot his name, but he is so nice, and did a great job! Small place, but great for smaller parties. Located on the beach Rd.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I ordered one egg over-medium and received two eggs over-easy. My boyfriend found a hair in his food that was definitely not his. When we told the waiter, he insisted none of the cooks have hair and said "What do you want me to do about it?" He didn't take my boyfriend's meal off the bill! Are you serious? Worst. place. ever.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I two days in a row. They have all of the breakfast staples, good service from a pleasant staff. Really good hash browns, I never eat them ... these were really good. Nice thin hotcakes and good sausage. It's a good breakfast and worth the stop.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The service was HORRIBLE! I always liked this restaurant when my family came to the outer banks when I was growing up, so I wanted to bring my wife on our first year anniversary. She does not like eggs, so she wanted to order "the Ship's Mast" (2 eggs, hash browns, and hotcakes for $5.99), with sausage instead of eggs. We were told, "Absolutely not; we do NOT do substitutions." They said we would need to order everything a la carte, which would cost around $10 instead of $5.99. I tried speaking to the manager about this. She told me "there are differences in food prices." According to their menu, 2 eggs a la carte costs $3.18, and sausage a la carte costs $2.29. They would be making money and they still wanted to charge us 40% extra! We would not have even had to do a substitution if there had been any options for people who do not like eggs. We paid for our coffee and left without eating. They made us feel belittled and embarrassed and it ruined our anniversary, and they told us it was because "they were under new management." The worst part is that I loved this place as a kid and have a lot of fond memories, but those are all ruined now thanks to the "new management." I WOULD NEVER SUGGEST THIS PLACE TO ANYONE.

1  Thank 838T_M