“Give this place a try”

Goombays Grille & Raw Bar
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Give this place a try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Tried this place for the first time. We ate there twice during the stay. Friendly staff. The Caberete shrimp is to die for!!

Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
“Disappointed in "Fresh Catch of the Day"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We went on suggestion of locals we had met here in Kill Devil Hills.
So called fresh catch were Rainbow Trout, Swordfish, Salmon, Sea Bass and Tuna!
Everything offered was done in sauces after suggestions from our Waitress Christine who was wonderful My husband ordered Swordfish grilled no sauce and I ordered Grouper covered in Pecan crust which I knew was frozen not fresh.
Presentation was great the Grouper was strong and I believe deep fried which I didn't know. I thought it was terrible. My husband's swordfish was delicious. We shared dinners as he will eat almost any type of fish. I left disappointed as the restaurant was my choice as I wanted fresh fish before we leave tomorrow. I am sure it is my fault with my choice but found it hard to believe that in this area that they were the " Catch of the day" We are Canadian so Salmon and Trout is nothing special to us. Glad we both didn't order the same thing as it would have been a total
bust for me. Will try another restaurant advertising fresh local fish next time. Our waitress Christine was great and the restaurant is bright and small.

• Visited May 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great time at Goombays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I went to Goombays with a group of 9 for a friend's bachelor party. Since it was still sort of the off-season it wasn't crowded at all, and we were seated right away by the friendly hostess. The waitress was also very friendly and organized, and was able to tell us about some of the specials they had. Some of the entrees were on the pricey side, but everyone ended up liking their meal and I didn't hear any complains about anything really. I got a pasta dish wish shrimp and cajun spices I believe, can't remember the name but it was good! They also have a fun little bar with interesting beer selection and tropical drinks, I got one that let you keep the cup and it had the drink recipe on the side, pretty cool. As OBX restaurants go, I was pretty impressed with both the food and the hospitality. I'll definitely come back to Goombays next time i'm in Kill Devil Hills.

• Visited April 2014
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Fun place, good food, nice people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Bright and attractive interior, friendly servers are your first impression. Then the awesome Hatteras clam chowder (all the good of New England without the creamy sauce), oysters on the half shell, steamed shrimp, crab cakes all yummy. Kingston special too sweet was only complaint.

Daniels, West Virginia
“Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Beach road location gave us nice quick Brunch, nice offerings in a casual setting, the salmon Benedict was very healthy and tasty.