“great fresh fish and too many fries”

Goombays Grille & Raw Bar
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
“great fresh fish and too many fries”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

group of four all had fish. was very very good. service ok but great atmosphere. worth hunting this place out. just off the main highway thru OBX

• Visited May 2014

Yorktown, Virginia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We came here for my birthday dinner on a weekend trip to the OBX. We were told by the people we were renting the house from that it was great, but boy were they wrong (unless it was just an off night). We only had to wait about 5-10 minutes to be seated but once we were seated we waited almost 15 more minutes before a waitress came to our table. She couldn't give us any drink specials and seemed to be rushing us. It took another 10-15 minutes just to get our drinks. I ordered this Cajun blackened burger and fries. I asked the waitress if it was really spicy and she said no but it was...and the flavor was pretty gross so I basically only ate the fries. My fiance ordered some sort of seafood dish that was pretty expensive yet the portion was so small and it was cold and this was a dish that was supposed to be served hot. Overal we were disappointed and I don't think we'll be going back.

Visited September 2013
Greensboro NC
“Great shrimp and cocktails”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I took a break from the beach and went here for lunch and drinks. Had a pound of the spicy peel 'n eat shrimp and they were excellent. Cooked perfectly and just the right amount of heat and spice. I had the special Goombay's Smash cocktail (okay, I had two of them) and they were refreshing and I got a souvenir cup (2) to take home. Service was fantastic - the bartender was friendly and even let my husband be the taste tester for the cocktail sauce. I promise he didn't double dip. If you're in the area, it's a great place.

• Visited June 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Amazing Soft Shell Crab Sandwich”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We went here on a whim and were so glad we did! The crab sandwich was excellent! Even the fries were good! Great experience!

Jarratt, Virginia
“Beach road restaurant!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had soft shell crabs and they were great. I would have liked to have had a larger portion as there were only two small ones on the plate. Everyone that worked there was friendly and very attentive. We had an early dinner and there was no wait, which was surprising for Memorial weekend.

• Visited May 2014