Outer Banks Beach Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Outer Banks Inn(Kill Devil Hills)
View Hotel
Cavalier by the Sea(Kill Devil Hills)
View Hotel
The Golden Strand(Kill Devil Hills)
View Hotel
Shutters On the Banks(Kill Devil Hills)
View Hotel
Outer Banks Motor Lodge(Kill Devil Hills)
View Hotel
Comfort Inn On The Ocean(Kill Devil Hills)
View Hotel
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn(Kill Devil Hills)
View Hotel
All reviewstime sharebedroom unitfull kitchenlarge jacuzzi tubtimeshare resortrent moviesindoor pooloff seasonspacious accommodationsthree bedroomtop floorthrough rcinight securitymaintained resortbase for visitingundergoing constructiontowel exchange
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We recently returned from a stay at the Outer Banks Beach Club II from Aug 11 thru Aug 18th, 2013. The property is nicely situated on the beach and the units are large, but dated decor and electronics wise. A refresh with HDTVs would be a nice bonus. Free WIFI is also needed in this day and age.

Pros:
- location, location, location
- bathrooms / showers / jacuzzi seemed to be recent upgrades
- beach chairs / umbrellas available (we had our own, but nice to have)
- friendly, helpful staff
- pool was nice...and not crowded
- BBQ grills and picnic tables

Cons
- dated decor
- no free WIFI in rooms
- beds in master small (queen size?)
- old style TVs
- small (but functional) kitchen

Overall...a nice place to stay at a GREAT value. I will return, but there are some easy, low cost improvements that would make a better overall experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank markymark39
estamey, General Manager at Outer Banks Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for your review of our resort. We are glad you enjoyed your visit with us. Thank you for your recommendations for improvement. We are constantly making improvements and I am sure you will be extremely happy on your next visit with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Decent accommodations, office staff seemed too busy to be friendly although the laundry folks were very nice. Fairly quiet area, great vicinity to the beach. Chairs available for weekly rental at $5 each and umbrella also available for rent for the week (I think I heard $60 but not sure).

Wifi is a complete rip-off at $17.99 a night and if you want ice you can buy it (our fridge did have a conventional ice maker though). Room was clean and had large living areas. I would probably return but they should really reexamine gouging for room wifi at a vacation resort.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank smkhusky

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at our resort. We are always happy to get suggestions on how we can improve so that your next visit with us will be even better. At present we offer free wifi in the clubhouse for our guests. We use an outside company that offers internet service to our units at a discounted price that is a little less than $30 per week for those that wish to have the access in their unit. All units have refrigerators with ice makers. We have bagged ice available at the clubhouse that is provided by an outside vendor. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our resort and sincerely appreciate your comments. We hope you will visit with us again soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

If you own, you already know, but if you are lucky enough to get a unit here for your stay, you will find out that this is the best place to stay in the area. Units are spacious and clean. Beach is nice and you can rent beach chairs and/or an umbrella for your stay. Location is close to everything. Be sure to partake in club activities as there is something for everyone, especially the children. There are 3 pools, 2 outdoor and one in the clubhouse. Free WIFI and a computer in the clubhouse for use along with movie rentals, books and board games for loan. Shuffleboard and barbeques are also available for use. There is also access to the area YMCA for guests of the resort. I love the Mimosa tree at Beach Club II. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: There are a few buildings across the beach house next to the clubhouse, I believe they are higher numbers, 15,16,17 but if you happen to stay in one of those buildings, the beach is just across the road, I have stayed there 1 year and it was fine. OBBC I buildings are round "tiki" style (if you search from Google Earth, look for the round roofs) and are 1-3 bedroom units. OBBCII are all 2 bedroom units. Elevators are available for buildings beach side.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Chuckeez

We sincerely appreciate your nice comments. Thank you for pointing out the things you enjoyed most about our resort. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and please let us know if we can do better. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I have stayed in several timeshare properties and this by far is the worst. I gave two stars because one of my complaints is not their fault. I booked through expedia and was told the two bedrooms had queen beds in each bedroom (not true). When I went to the office to inquire about my misinformation I was surprised at how this place is run. I walk into the office and four people at desks were staring at me, then one asked if I needed help. I was waiting for one to come up and deal with me personally, but they just stayed at their desks. It was a bit uncomfortable, but not that big of a deal. The phones did not work in my room. When I asked about that, I was just stared at for a few moments, then when I asked a second time I was told "I'll call maintenance and let them know". I doubt that because everyone in the office is rude. If you are looking for a place to stay cheap, don't stay here! Stay at a hotel chain. Oh and the "Oceanfront" part of their name is a joke only about 1/3 is actually ocean front, one is facing the ocean front properties, and some are across the street.

Room Tip: If you want oceanfront call ahead and make sure you are in a building on the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Ajnourie

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am sorry that the unit and the service that you received was not what you expected. We will use your comments to help improve our resort so that we can better serve all our guests. Hopefully you will stay with us again and contact me personally so that I can do everything possible to make your stay with us a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

My husband and I came here for our babymoon. We loved that it was right on beach! The room was huge! We bought groceries and cooked for the majority of time we were there. The staff was super nice and accommodating. My only complaint is that there is only WiFi in the clubhouse, not in the rooms. Normally I would not have been on the internet during a vacation, but I'm enrolled in online classes. Will def be back!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 201AnnD

Thank you for your nice review of our resort. We are constantly upgrading so please come back and visit us again soon.