“Excellent again this year” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Colington Cafe

Colington Cafe
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Nestled off the beaten path in a Victorian house surrounded by 400 year-old oak trees, we are a local's favorite. Our seafood is brought in fresh daily, and we use locally grown ingredients.All the locals love our filet dishes as well as our large menu.All desserts are homemade. We are a family run restaurant with most of our staff having been with us for over 15 years.We do everything to make sure all of our customers leave happy.
West Grove, PA
“Excellent again this year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

We ate here twice last year on our OBX vacation and again twice this year. I really enjoy this place.

This year went first with my husband, brother and his wife. I got the crab bisque soup. Very good. Had the same meal as last year: scallop and shrimp napoleon $21. It comes with mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. My husband had yellowfin tuna special. He said it was delicious. My brother had a trio of fillet, shrimp, and crab. He loved it. His wife had steak and added crabcake - she ordered her steak well and it was more on the med. rare to medium side. The waiter took it back and returned more well done. The waiter, Billy, was very nice. Good waiter.

Second visit went with my son and his two friends. I again had the crab soup and scallop and shrimp. This time the shrimp were larger than a few nights before. Excellent. The waitress allowed the boys to get the kids steak n fries - they are teens but that's what they wanted and had last year. Glad she allowed that. They also had the crab dip and scarfed it right up. One kid got cheesecake and my son had crème brulee. Total for our dinner was $92.

This is by far my favorite restaurant in the area. Highly recommend.

If the owners read this: the only change I would make is get rid of canned sodas and offer fountain sodas. If you can't get a soda line then maybe do something like bottled sodas (Mexican Coke or some kind of neat glass bottle soda).

Arlington, Virginia
“Great restaurant with awesome food and excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We went to this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary while in Outer Banks. This place had mixed reviews but considering that it had a lot of good ones we decided to give it a try. We called few hours before showing up and they got a table for us. We showed up 30 mins earlier and were seated before our reservation time. Our waitress (Angela) was awesome. She described the dishes and everything was served in time. We even ended up with e little bottle of champagne to bring home with us and continue celebration. The food was really good and we do have few places we love to go in DC with great food and this place almost compares to them. As for the price I wouldn't say it's expensive or maybe that's just in comparing with DC expensive restaurants but if we are comparing the food surely would compare the price. The place is nice and cute with rooms with tables and gives you a nice feeling. Of course it would be great if they had the bar area but I'm not gonna take a star away because of that.

Nags Head, NC
“Unbelieveably good birthday dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We live here on the Outer Banks, so we get plenty pf good food of all types, but for my birthday, we went to Colington Cafe, one of our local favorites. It did not disappoint.

First...they take reservations, which is a big plus here in tourist season!

Second, It is a quaint facility converted from a Victorian style house.

Third, the staff is great from the moment you enter until the moment you leave. Everyone is fantastic!

And perhaps most important, the FOOD IS GREAT. It's unique, yet familiar, and prepared just as you would want. I can't say enough, from appetizers to dessert (which we split) it was all unique, special and terrific.

One note: only beer and wine; no liquor, but you won't care!

Go to the Colington Cafe and do yourself a favor!

1 Thank haroldg48
New Paltz, New York
“For OBX, simply excellent !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Best meal and best service, quality ingredients prepared well. Took great care of the kids and adults as well. A bit off the beaten path but so worth the effort. You should know that they do not serve any form of hard liquor. They do have a quality wine and beer menu. Desserts are excellent. I would go there again - though, if I could, just as a couple as it can be a most romantic spot. It was nice to see they way the rooms and customers were separated just in case kids got unruly. Oh, and they are one of the VERY FEW places that take reservations.

“Best Spot in OBX”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I went here for dinner with my family, the cafe is in a great location off the main strip. Our waiter (Billy) was very polite and the food was great! Everybody loved what they had, the menu is full of great options no matter what you are into, and the deserts were phenomenal. I recommend the cheesecake. Definitely will visit again next time I'm in the Outer Banks