“Just like I remembered!”
Review of Pigman's Bar-B-Que

Pigman's Bar-B-Que
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pigman's Bar-B-Que is the premiere barbeque restaurant on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. For over 16 years, we have been serving up 'Que to tourists and locals alike. We have won multiple awards including "Best of the Beach" in the BBQ category in 2012 and BBQ Showdown OBX "Best Ribs" in 2013! We offer many varieties of BBQ with signature sauces to go along with it! We have all the fixings you can imagine and we also do catering.At Pigman’s Bar-B-Que, we take all the necessary steps to make our BBQ unique as well. For example, all of our signature BBQ’s are cooked on site by smoking. We cook this way for two reasons: To cook the meat slowly to retain the natural juices, and infuse it with oak flavor. Then we add our signature sauces, thus creating BBQ. Every BBQ option we sell is hand-crafted, and has some sort of vinegar-based sauce added to them. Although our vinegar-based BBQ options are delicious, we have discovered that there are many different palates out there to please. As a result, a few of our BBQ options have ketchup and an additional blend of proprietary spices to give our customers a “tomato based” option, also known as “ketchup based”.
Staunton, Virginia
“Just like I remembered!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This was our first stop on our way into the OBX. We have eaten here a few times before, but it had been several years since our last visit. You order at the counter when you arrive. We both had a BBQ combo. I had the traditional bbq and my husband had the tuna-q. Both sandwiches come with a side of fries, cole slaw and hushpuppies. They offer other options like brisket and ribs. Everything was good and the service was great. This restaurant is very clean and in a great location.

• Visited October 2013
Pigman1985, Owner at Pigman's Bar-B-Que, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you so much for your thorough feedback about the experience at Pigman's BBQ. We are glad you and your husband were able to make it back after several years, and we hope that you will continue to come back. We are honored that we were the first stop on your OBX trip :) and thanks for trying the Tuna-Que! Again, thanks for the feedback and come back soon!

fort lee, nj
“This is fast food bar-b-cue”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We were anxious to try bar-b-cue in the Outer Banks, but were very disappointed in this experience. Should have gone to a regular restaurant-didn't realize this was one where you ordered at the counter, etc. I didn't finish my meal.

• Visited September 2013
Marilyn - We are so sorry that you left Pigman's BBQ feeling this way about the experience. We would like to know, other than the fact that you didn't like the set up, what exactly was wrong with the food or service for your experience to end up being so terrible that you would review so negatively by. No where in this review did you mention what was disappointing about any other aspect of the experience other than ordering at the counter. Please message us or email me directly at richard@pigman.com, I am curious to hear some more in depth feedback and ultimately why you were so disappointed since this review doesn't really tell me why or suggest anything for improvement. Thanks
Yorktown, Virginia
“Time for BQ”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Food is great if your in the mood for great BQ this place had it . This place is also very clean inside and never waited long .

• Visited September 2013
Pigman1985, Owner at Pigman's Bar-B-Que, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Thanks so much we are so glad you are a Pigman's fan! Come back again soon :)
Lillington, North Carolina
“Nasty BBQ”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

BBQ is my favorite food, so when I saw this on the Outer Banks, I was excited. This BBQ drips with Liquid Smoke. It was nasty. The Brunswick Stew had so much sugar in it that it was like having a vegetable soda pop.
Husband and I threw out our dinners.

• Visited October 2013
Emilie - we are so sorry to hear that your Pigman's BBQ experience was subpar. We do however do not use liquid smoke, but in fact use oak wood chips for smoking our meat. In addition, your comments regarding our Brunswick stew are interesting, as we use all natural brown sugar and the recipe is from scratch. We are so sorry to hear that you weren't impressed, but hope that this information helped you feel more confident in what you were consuming. We stand behind the quality of the products we put out and are certainly willing to hear any suggestions you may have as to improve our operation.
Robeson Township, PA
“Excellent Carolina BBQ!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

A favorite spot for Carolina BBQ is Pigman's in Kill Devil Hills. When I first visited the Outer Banks, I was interested in trying BBQ, which is the stuff of legend. I tried it at Pigman's, and I was not disappointed! The food is delicious. Kudos for them offering alternatives to pork, which I appreciated, since I don't eat it. Pigman's has Turkey-que and Tuna-que, which are awesome. This is definitely a fun and tasty place to eat. I highly recommend it!

• Visited September 2013
Thanks so much Lizabeth! We truly appreciate your amazing input and thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are glad you enjoyed Pigman's BBQ and the varieties we offer! We try our best to please everyone by having many choices! Thanks for your recommendation and we hope you come back to enjoy some more Que soon!!!