“Wish we hadn't wasted a night here”

Outer Banks Brewing Station
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our staff at the Outer Banks Brewing Station works hard to give our Outer Banks vacation guests and Outer Banks local guests the best possible service. We are the first wind-powered brewery in the United States. Our innovative menus change with the seasons and include something for everyone. We feature pork and beer specials along with a seafood and meat special every night. Our Outer Banks restaurant features live music in the backyard and almost every night after dinner in the summer months. The backyard, where the wind turbine is, features a beer truck, corn hole, a picnic table-style seating area with a pirate ship playground for the kids! Come relax and kick back with some brews and let the kids play on the playground! Our beer rotation is constantly changing and we brew special beers all year long. We hope to see you here soon!
Greensboro NC
“Wish we hadn't wasted a night here”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We dined here based on TripAdvisor reviews and were so disappointed that I rechecked to be sure I had read the reviews correctly. Pros: pretty cool that there is a wind-powered brewery. That's all the pros. The waitress was fine, friendly but nothing special. Food was mediocre at best. We got the crab dip. It was chock full of water chestnuts and covered with panko as if to disguise the lack of flavor. We're at a brewery so my husband got the beer flight - didn't finish two of the four and he loves beer. I got the crab cake sandwich and a side salad. The salad dressing was ok - some lemongrass vinaigrette concoction - I didn't really care for it but shortly realized that it would be the highlight of the meal. The greens were fresh, I should note. Crab cake was mushy - lots of filler, light on the crab (wait, aren't we at the beach?). Hubby had the bratwurst sandwich - perhaps a poor choice but how hard is it to get that right...? All in all, we were disappointed that we spent one of our five nights on OBX here.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank heels94GreensboroNC

Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“Yummy food and beer”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My friends and I ordered off of the bar menu, so I can't speak to the quality of the fancier items. I can say that their Shrimp Po' Boy is the best I have ever had. My friend enjoyed her flounder platter, and my other friend had the Yard Bird chicken sandwich that she said was really good. The tuna bites were a good starter. Two of us also ordered the flight of beer and tried four of their beers. The price for the food and flight was not too high, but again I don't know how the higher price non-bar menu foods would compare. I will definitely go back the next time I'm in the area.

• Visited June 2014
Centreville, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not impressed ”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Was super excited to come here after seeing on food network and referred by friends. The highlight was the playground outside for kids. Had the panini, BBQ sandwich, chip plate, wings, shrimp, kids meals and more. Hush puppies were good everything else was mediocre or below. Waiter was nice but not great with service. Not worth returning. Microbrews were fine. Expensive for the food we received:(

1 Thank ESfoodie
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Excellent !!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I love finding new places to eat while on vacation, we absolutely love this place we both were kind of tired of eating seafood after spending all week at outer banks we had already eaten a lot of it earlier in the week. We opted to try a steak ,she got the small tenderloin 5 Oz and I got the bigger the 9 0z , they were delicious and I of course got the beer sampler and they all were very good as well. We will definitely come back next year and try the seafood for sure. We got the dessert some coconut cake with pineapples and honey and vanilla ice cream absolutely delicious Only regret was we wish we would have found this place at the beginning of week so we could have enjoyed more meals here.

• Visited May 2014
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
“Best of the Outer Banks”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

A spot not to be missed. Best food on the beach! It is a special treat for us to dine here. In addition to brewing their own beer (which I do not drink) they also brew their own root beer which I love.

• Visited July 2013