“Really enjoyed our glassed in deck looking out over the ocean.”
Review of Sea Ranch Resort

Sea Ranch Resort
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The large two bedroom, two bath suite allowed the three of us to have a good visiting area when desired but to still have personal space. The kitchen was well supplied for light meals. Sun rise from the glassed in deck was spectacular. The rate in the fall was very reasonable and included breakfast at a nearby restaurant since the one on site was closed for the season. The pool looked nice but we did not use it. The staff we met were friendly and pleasant. The resort is not new or pristine but it is clean, well kept and comfortable. Certainly good value for a pleasant vacation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elaine D
Sea Ranch R, General Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

I am glad to hear that the ocean views from your balcony left such a great impression in your mind! I will be sure to pass along your comments about the staff! We hope that you will make it back to the Sea Ranch the next time you travel to the Outer Banks!!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Had a one night stay.The room was very nice, clean and the bed was comfortable. We had a ocean view room that was very nice. Nice view of the ocean because of how the motel sits up.The front desk was very nice and she got us into the room early. The indoor pool looked nice, but we never used it. They have a cute restaurant that kinda looks onto the ocean. Food was fair. The beach was very narrow and slanted. I can't imagine what it would be like in the summer with all the tourist.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Sea Ranch! I am very happy to hear that your guest room met your expectations, as well as the service you received from the staff. Now that you have found us, we hope that you will return for your next Outer Banks getaway! Feel free to contact us if we can assist you in planning your next stay!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Let me start by saying I booked 2 nights late October through the fall special so the price was exceptional for what I received. Quite a large room with a small balcony overlooking the Ocean about 40 metres away - not sure what happens in a storm but the ocean was mirror like for my stay.

Can't comment on the pool and I didn't take up the offer of free breakfast - it wasn't on site, had to go down the street a couple of blocks.

When you drive into the parking lot the overall impression is quite average - large parking lot and a rectangular 4 or 5 storey building. Check in was efficient and the access to the room was a little bit out of the way or so it seemed anyway. There are no internal corridors to access the rooms so your door opens onto a communal outside walkway which I suppose could be accessed by anybody.

Room itself was spacious and clean - sofa, work desk - free wifi which was fine, chest of drawers, microwave, refrigerator, sink and balcony overlooking the beach with a table and 2 chairs. No noise isues and I enjoyed my stay - the view is the reason to stay really.

I did email a query before my stay and it took a few days to get a response but did answer my question.

Room Tip: Ask for or book a room overlooking the beach/ocean.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Vacation
Sea Ranch R, General Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We hope that you will return to the Sea Ranch and make the Outer Banks a vacation tradition.

Stay in touch for upcoming Special Offers and promotions!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I worked in the management side of the hospitality industry for 15 years, so am very particular. when I walked into our ocean front room in early november I was impressed. décor was very nice, I was surprised to see a mini frig. microwave and coffee maker. this wasn't indicated on groupon. since it was off season, restaurants were closed, but we were provided breakfast coupons to a local restaurant for a great breakfast. it was obvious that they had done some recent renovations. bathroom had been tiled, new countertop, mirrors and hardware. patio furniture and balcony were in great condition as was room furniture, spreads, etc. bed and pillows were on the slightly firm side for my personal tastes. room was very clean, cleaner than most i've been in. i'm disabled and it was wonderful to sit on the balcony and experience the tides coming up so close to our rooms. it was a little difficult getting the luggage cart over the curb to our room and while the front desk clerk was professional enough, she wasn't what I would call cheerful. will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gloria J
Sea Ranch R, General Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Hi Gloria J!

Thanks for such a descriptive review of your recent stay! Please feel free to contact us anytime if we can help you plan your next visit to the Outer Banks!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Our review is almost the same as Jecm44's. The main difference is we were never offered an oceanfront room. Our Oceanside view was of the parking lot. Of the 3 nights we were there the restaurant was only open one so we had to go down the street for breakfast. I could go on but will end with how this is rated the #1 hotel is beyond me. Very disappointing!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paxton_12

Dear Paxton_12,

I am sorry that your experience at the Sea Ranch was not up to your expectations. I would like to let you know that we have made changes to the room descriptions so there hopefully be no confusion with the Oceanfront and Oceanside descriptions. As, far as our restaurant, our seasonal hours are in effect after the second week of October. This is very typical in restaurants in our area. The seasonal hours are posted on our website as well as other areas that we advertise.

I am interested in speaking with you to get more details of your stay. Please feel free to contact me, info@searanchresort.com or by phone at 252-441-7126. We'd certainly like to have you back and deliver the oceanfront experience that you deserve!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The Bistro Restaurant @ Sea Ranch Resort is one of my favorite restaurants in the Outer Banks.
The food is well prepared and not overpriced. My last meal there was Sunday brunch. Really good! Thanksgiving is coming and my family has decided that we will be going there for dinner. Can't wait to see what Chef John will have on the menu!

Room Tip: We only ate at the restaurant as we live in the area.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Sea Ranch R, General Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Thanks for your review of our Beachside Bistro! We look forward to seeing you at Thanksgiving!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

My wife and I ran the 5k and stayed two nights at Sea Ranch. We stayed one night ocean front and one night street side. Both rooms were nice and clean. The staff was also VERY friendly and helpful, especially Supervisor Mary! The hotel is located close to everything and they have a nice Bistro on premises, which has a good ocean view and really good grits. The Bistro has live music during the weekends. Would recommend checking out Jockey's Ridge and Wright Brother's State Park. My wife and I would stay here again and loved our first trip to the Outer Banks.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mike R,

Thanks you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! I am glad to hear that you all had a lovely stay and I will also make sure the staff and Mary Anne know that you appreciated their quality customer service. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you in making future plans to visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
#12 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Surf Side Hotel
Surf Side Hotel
#1 of 13 in Nags Head

Been to Sea Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!