All reviews beachside bistro ocean front oceanfront room the jolly roger room was clean the outer banks indoor pool on site restaurant off season high tide main building beach side staff was friendly full kitchen washer and dryer each morning second floor
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We had a lovely stay at the Sea Ranch Resort over Thanksgiving weekend. The staff was exceptionally friendly. We took advantage of a Groupon and were very pleased with our stay. The room was new and clean, including the bathroom. The restaurant was wonderful and we had the same waitress every morning for three mornings.

Althought the pool was heated, we were there over a very cold weekend, and we didn't think the pool was warm enough to use. That's our only "complaint" and I use that term loosely. I would recommend this resort to everyone!

Room Tip: You'd be missing out if you did not book an Oceanview Room, the views are spectacular!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Suescarp
Sea Ranch R, General Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share about your recent visit to the Sea Ranch. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the staff made you all feel so at home! I will pass along your kind words! As far as the pool, there has been some confusion with GROUPON purchasers that we offer an indoor heated pool rather than an enclosed atrium around our pool. Although the pool is heated to 81 degrees, the temperature inside is very close to the actual outside temperature and if we have colder wintry temps, it's not usually ideal for swimming. We do however offer our guest passes to our local YMCA that does offer an indoor heated pool for those looking to swim.

We hope that you will return to Sea Ranch your next trip to the Outer Banks!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I read other reviews before booking the Sea Ranch Resort through Groupon. We went during Thanksgiving week and even on the sunny days, the wind was gusting and it was quite cold. Our oceanfront room had a wall of windows and even at low tide it seemed as if the ocean was rolling right up to our balcony, so we were able to enjoy the beach without actually freezing on it! The hotel was clean and the rooms were beautifully decorated and quite comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The front desk provided us great directions on several occasions and the cleaning staff was quick to attend to our needs. We did not get a chance to try the indoor pool, but every afternoon there were families enjoying it. As part of our Groupon package, we received a few breakfast vouchers to the Jolly Roger and to the Beach Bistro (breakfast only on Sat & Sun during the winter).The food at both restaurants was very good, although both restaurants were quite busy toward the weekend and service was slow, not surprisingly. We really enjoyed our stay at Sea Ranch Resort at OBX and we will return.

2  Thank Vinom8ker

We appreciate you taking the time to review the Sea Ranch! I am glad to hear your room provided you with such a great home base since the weather was windy and cold during your visit. We hope that you will return as it warms up a little and you can explore more of the Outer Banks! It's a beautiful place!

Feel free to contact us if we can assist you in planning your next trip and stay in touch for upcoming events and special offers!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Sea Ranch Resort. It was the week of Thanksgiving. It was very cold outside. The room was warm and cozy. The restaurant was a great place to view the ocean without freezing. The food was great too! We've never been to the Outer Banks before. We had a great time and plan on going back when the weather is a little warmer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your off season stay at the Sea Ranch! Warmer weather will be back before we know it! We'd love to have you back!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have reviewed The Sea Ranch before and would like to provide an update. My wife and I are frequent visitors, as the property is one of the few located right on the beach. Barbara Gusler, the general manager and her delightful staff extend themselves to make each stay memorable. We especially like their specials and try to take advantage of them whenever possible. These usually include vouchers to their first class bar and grill located on premises as well as to The Jolly Roger, one of our favorite restaurants in the vicinity. The Sea Ranch recently installed a fine exercise room which reduces the need to work out at the local YMCA (which, incidentally includes a free pass). In the past, I have had a problem with their Wi-Fi delivery; however, that has since been corrected. Great experience, very well managed property and an overall great value.

1  Thank tfig218

Thanks for being such a loyal guest and part of our Sea Ranch Family! We appreciate your reviews that reflect the attention that we give to guest suggestions, etc! We will see you soon!!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We bought a Groupon for the Sea Ranch Resort. Since the weather (Nov.) was too cold for outdoor swimming, we chose the SR for the indoor heated pool. Turns out the pool is indoor, but in a totally separate building, which was NOT heated. When I inquired, I was informed the pool is heated, but the building is not. There is also an exhaust fan pulling what little warm air out. I swam one or two laps; my daughter didn't get in past her waist. We were very disappointed that the "resort" had a pool that was virtually unusable, since we had planned to swim and read and relax by the pool.
That being said, the suite was great. Housekeeping takes pride in their jobs, as everything was spic and span. The carpet had a few stains, but beds, baths, linens, kitchen were all clean. The waves come so close to the porch I felt I was sitting on the sand while I was actually in a very comfortable chair in a warm sunroom, reading that afore-mentioned book.
I'd recommend the Sea Ranch, but not if you are looking for a pool to get the kinks out on a cold day.

Room Tip: The view and sounds from the suite was wonderful!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mara L

Thanks for reviewing the Sea Ranch Resort. I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay! I am sorry that you all weren't able to enjoy the pool as expected. Our pool is enclosed (not indoor) and heated to 81 degrees. The air temperature inside the enclosure is very close to the actual outside temperature. We do offer passes to our local YMCA that offers an indoor heated pool as another option for our guests on days that may be to cold for swimming in our pool. We will take a look at the GROUPON description and make any necessary changes.

We hope that you will return to the Sea Ranch!