“Wonderful trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Richmond, Virginia
“Wonderful trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was a great stay, Cindy at the front desk answered all my questions about the area, and garret at the bar made some awesome drinks and great conversation. I've never had such personalized friendly service anywhere. This will be my go-to resort in the outer banks.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sea Ranch R, General Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thanks for sharing your review with the trip advisor community! We appreciate your feedback and are excited to hear that we are your new 'Go to' place in the Outer Banks! I will be sure to pass your comments on to Cindy and Garrett as well! We look forward to having you back at the Sea Ranch soon!

Best Regards,
Barbara Gusler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Virginia Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very happy with this hotel overall. Stayed for a quick weekend getaway. The room was clean, The view was fantastic- so close to the beach. Free wi-fi was easy and fast. Very comfortable bed and linens. The on site Bistro's food was terrific, if a bit over priced. Two nights, ate dinner outside on deck with live music and ocean breeze.... Beautiful experience. Pancakes at breakfast were the best I've ever had. Staff very efficient, friendly and helpful.(especially Gwen) However, one young waiter's unprofessional behavior and incessant personal conversation about his "issues" was uncomfortable and annoying- ( 2nd night) He didn't seem to be trained properly at all....He acted as if we were there for him to "entertain" and feel sorry for him. Wasn't listening to our order, and brought wrong sides. Asked if we wanted change- when we left an extra large bill in cash with our $$- to be broken for a tip. If not, his tip would have been over 30 % Presumptuous- that's a no-no. His poor service was our only complaint the entire weekend. BUT...We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Oceanfront balcony
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am certainly glad you took the time to review and you honest feedback is appreciated! I will be sure to address these comments regarding your sever with the all of the restaurant management and staff, as this was inappropriate, and I am sorry that you encountered this during your visit. We are more than happy to discuss the details with you personally. You can reach me direct at the hotel at 252-441-7126.

I am very happy to hear that you do plan to return to the Sea Ranch Resort and I would like to extend the offer to assist you in planning your next visit! Please feel free to contact me at info@searanchresort.com when you are ready to plan your next stay !

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Our first stay at the Sea Ranch Resort was Summer '13 and it is our "go to" lodging while at the Outer Banks. The hotel sits right on the beach with no obstructed views. We had an ocean front room with balcony and enjoyed all that the white-sand beaches could offer. Rooms are very quiet, on-site Bistro restaurant is quite nice with both indoor and outdoor seating. Staff are very friendly. The hotel offers several on and off season specials during the year.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for you review! We are excited to hear that you have been returning to the Sea Ranch since 2013!! Thanks and keep your eye out for upcoming specials and fall events!!! Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Prairie Village, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We got an ocean front room and spent time on the balcony. It was so peaceful and we enjoyed watching the ocean and all that goes on. In the mornings we would sit and watch the dolphins swim by. We saw them every morning and there were a lot. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and answered all of our questions.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank fratwin
Thanks for sharing your review with the Trip Advisor Community! As a Top Contributor, you opinions are appreciated by fellow travelers! I am glad you were able to experience the dolphins from your oceanfront balcony! It's truly an amazing sight!

We hope if travels bring you back to the Outer Banks, you will return to the Sea Ranch Resort!

Beckley, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I celebrated our fifth anniversary by going back to Kill Devil Hills where we were married. We and our sixteen-month old daughter spent a week at the Sea Ranch Resort. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool was nice and clean. It is an indoor pool. The Beachside Bistro is an excellent restaurant located on the first floor of the hotel, and you can dine outside beside the ocean. We stayed in room 201. It was an Oceanside room. There was not much of a view, but you could see some of the ocean from the window. It was clean and quiet. The maid service was excellent. There was plenty of parking available, which can be somewhat of a problem at other hotels I've stayed at before. There was not an elevator in the part of the hotel that we stayed in off of the lobby, but it was only on the second floor. The other section of the hotel did have an elevator, so keep that in mind if stairs are an issue for you. Our daughter made friends with all the staff over the week, and they all talked to her every time that they saw her. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 201 has a window-view of the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tristan C
Thanks for sharing your rencet experience at the Sea Ranch Resort! I am Happy to hear that the staff made you all feel so at home, and that you enjoyed the on-site amenities as well suring your anniversary stay!!

Please feel free to let us know if we can assist you in planning your next visit! We look forward to having you back!

Summerfield nc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I booked what was called an ocean front room. When i checked in they put me in room 101. It faced a brick wall. I told the front desk this and they said i booked ocean side. I showed them my booking comfirmation and they said that they could move me to a room facing the parking lot. I told them nevermind. Total rip off. You book 1 room and they decide someone else will pay more for it so they move you to another room. 101 sounded like i was staying in an airport loby. Loud and everyone walking by and using the ice and vending machine

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Joshuadansel
Sea Ranch R, General Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your recent review! I am sorry that you feel that you were mislead by the 'oceanside' description of the the room located in our main building. Our oceanfront rooms and suites do offer offer unobstructed oceanviews. I am more than happy to discuss your situation in more detail of you'd like to reach me directly at 252-441-7126 or by email at info@searanchresort.com. We strive to provide each of our guest with a quality vacation experience and by no means was it our intention to mislead.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I recently stayed at the Sea Ranch. The beach was beautiful but I was very disappointed with the room. The carpet was filthy. There where spills and stains in multiple places and the kitchen walls were nasty where food had splattered on the walls and they hadn't been cleaned. The worst part was the air conditioning wasn't working well and we had to deal with sweltering temperatures in the room. Our temperature in the room reached 78 almost every night. I called the front desk and complained twice and they did try to fix the problem but it didn't help much. When we left, the lady at the front desk said she would have the manager contact us about possibly discounting our bill since we didn't have a very pleasant time. We have yet to hear from them. I won't be back and I wouldn't recommend to anyone. I will also caution to anyone wanting a suite that the balcony is completely enclosed in glass and basically becomes a giant terrarium in the summer. Kinda defeats the purpose of a balcony.

• Stayed June 2014
7 Thank DanikaCH
Thank you taking the time to review. I am sorry that you all had to experience the issues with the A/C unit during your stay. These issues are never pleasant this time of year and we certainly work on the units to have them in working condition as soon as possible. If someone has not contacted you to date, please contact me at 252-441-4126 or info@searanchresort.com and I will be happy to address this with you. We apologize for the inconvenience in your stay and hope that you will give us the opportunity to have you back and exceed your expectations!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Hampton Inn & Suites Outer Banks/ Corolla
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,132 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ocean Reef Suites
BEST WESTERN Ocean Reef Suites
#2 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,069 reviews

Been to Sea Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!