“Looks Recently Remodeled!”
Review of Sea Ranch Resort

Sea Ranch Resort
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Recently updated hotel! Super clean, small hotel, updated rooms, remodeled bathrooms. Beauty! Right on the beach. Great hotel restaurant food, live music, bar, outside seating. Super nice hurricane sturdy patio doors. Magician on Wed nights. Elevators. Heated enclosed pool - small.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sea Ranch R, General Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thanks for your recent review! Our oceanfront rooms were renovated in 2012 and do offer the best ocean views around! I am glad that you were able to enjoy so many of the amenities on the property during your stay! We hope to see you and your family when travels bring you back to the Outer Banks!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My mom and I stayed here the night of July 12th and it was great. We had an oceanfront room with a balcony. The room was clean, bathroom had nice tile detailing, and we had a mini fridge, microwave and sink. The lady at the front desk that checked us in was super nice and we had breakfast at the restaurant downstairs. Pancakes were awesome. Couldn't have asked for a better view or shorter walk to the beach. I was surprised at how nice it was and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony are awesome! Looks like there were "oceanfront" rooms without balconi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SRWIG

Thank you for such a kind and descriptive review of the Sea Ranch Resort Resort. It’s so nice to hear you enjoyed the guest room accommodations as well as the spectacular views from our hotel too. We hope you’ll be back for another stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed in a condo at sea ranch resort. It was our first time to the outer banks. The location was perfect as well as the view. The ocean was right outside our window. Wish breakfast would have been included in the price but overall it is a great place to stay. Very friendly staff, will definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Sea Ranch Resort! We do often offer packages that include breakfast, so keep in touch with our upcoming special offers! We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My husband, son, and I spent a night here (July 13-14). We booked a king with a sofa bed, oceanfront room. We spent the day at the beach, checked in about 4:30pm. The woman (she had short blonde hair)who checked us in was WAY more interested in the world cup than she was in checking us in. She was short with me when I asked about payment (because I had booked through a third party website).

Our room was a decent size, clean, and the views were amazing! After dinner my husband and I spent the evening on the patio sharing a bottle of champagne. The Supermoon was amazing! Our patio gave us a bird's eye view. It really was magical.

We all were tired and slept well. I found the bed to be too firm, but my husband loved it. My son wanted me to try to buy a sleeper sofa to bring home. He thought it was more comfy than his bed.

The next morning we went down to the restaurant to eat. The waitress was attentive and the food was very good. We returned to the room, packed and checked out. We were going to spend the day on the beach at the hotel but decided to return to Carova Beach because it would be less crowded.

This is a great hotel, we will be back for an extended vacation I August.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to hear that your encounter with our front desk employee was not up to our normal standard and we'll bring this to the attention of our staff members.

We often hear raving reviews about our hotels ideal location and amazing views! I am thrilled that you and your husband were able to experience the 'Super Moon' over the ocean! We look forward to seeing you again this August!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I read all of the reviews before booking a trip to this "RESORT" with a Groupon deal. The reviews all spoke highly of this place. Let me tell you, it was GROSS! We had a 3 night stay and ended up leaving after the second night and forfeiting our money to go to a clean hotel. Our room was old, dirty, had a bathtub that didn't drain, had a thermostat that kept jumping to 88 degrees and had ants! The "wifi" was a joke. When I asked the front desk clerk about it (repeatedly), I was told that I should try sitting on the balcony! The pool is enclosed and has dirty, musty carpeting around it...beyond disgusting. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Lisa M

Hearing that our hotel did not meet a guest’s expectations is not what we look forward to. I can assure you that our housekeeping staff here adheres to strict procedures. This is not a typical guest experience we encounter and I'd like the opportunity to discuss with you in more detail at your convenience if you can reach me at info@searanchresot.com. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Perfect for a long weekend getaway. Hotel is clean and staff is great. Wonderful hotel restaurant/bar, with patio outside overlooking the beach. Indoor pool is perfect. Access to tons of restaurants around the area. We're already planning our next getaway here!

Room Tip: We stayed in a non-smoking, king room and enjoyed it!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meg M

I'm so excited to hear that you're already planning your next visit! Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Sea Ranch with other travelers! We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back soon!!

Genera; Manager

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms were clean amd spacious. The staff was wonderful. We had pool side room. We will definately stay again with the sea ranch. Awesome pool that gradually goes from 3 ft -8ft very clean. Rooms have great working ac and small frigs. If you go to the outer banks make reservations at the sea ranch. A great stay for a great price.

1  Thank ptatarock

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay! We appreciate your recommendation to other travelers and hope that you will return when travel brings you back to the Outer Banks!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
#12 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Sea Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!