“SUPERB Customer Service”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Pulaski, Virginia
“SUPERB Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Superb customer service. The front desk staff was wonderful and very attentive. Had a problem with the air conditioning, however, management made it right by adjusting the final bill. We have stayed at the Sea Ranch every time we have visited Kill Devil Hills, which is yearly for the past 5+ years, and will continue to stay at the Sea Ranch. We have recommended it to family and friends. Very easy beach access and nice pool. We stayed in a condo on the 4th floor with a beautiful ocean view. The room decor is acceptable and could use some updates, but we did not travel to sit in a room...more than acceptable for a place to sleep, shower, eat, and relax. We recommend staying at the Sea Ranch.

2 Thank Steve W
Sea Ranch R, General Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your review with the trip advisor community! I will be sure to pass you kind comments along to all the staff! We are sorry that you had to experience the issue with the A/C unit, but as you know,, these things are not planned and we do our best to work through then as quickly as possible without disrupting too much of your vacation! We appreciate you understanding!

You'll be excited to know that upgrades to the condo suites are coming soon! keep in touch for updates on what changes are coming this fall/winter!!

Thanks again for your review and also for being a loyal Sea Ranch Guest!!

Barbara Gusler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
marlton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I loved the location and being right on the beach. We stayed on the 4th floor and it was a nice level. Service was ok in the rooms but the restaurant service was very good.

However, our refrigerator wasn't really cooling beverages. we called for maintenance and basically were told these small refrigerators don't cool well and they would give us a cooler with ice. I found this a poor response and we should have been given a new refrigerator.

Room Tip: Choose Oceanfront! Great views!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jvalk
Sea Ranch R, General Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay! While I am glad to hear that you were pleased with you guest room and location, I am sorry to hear that the refrigerator was an inconvenience for you. The cooler was only offered to help reduce the amount of contents inside of the refrigerator to help it maintain the appropriate temperature for storing your food and allowing you to keep your beverages cold at the same time. I apologize if this was conveyed in a different manner.

We appreciate your business and hope that you will return to the Sea Ranch Resort when you return to the Outer Banks!

Lawrenceville, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I really thought this place was going to be wonderful for our two night stay in Kill Devil Hills. The outside appearance is okay, but for some reason I was a little disappointed when we pulled up. Check in went smoothly and then we trekked our luggage up to the fourth floor and in to a room that was not totally made up. The beds were partially made? And towels were scattered randomly around the bathroom but not hung up. It kinda made me wonder about the cleanliness and whether the linens had even been changed? We called back down to the desk and they wanted me to come back down for a new key and room. You know what? When I am paying to stay at your resort and you have a goof of this level, you should go out of your way to come bring the keys to me. I was with my mother who is older and was not going to have her go back down with me and all the luggage. At my request, a young man met us on the next floor up with some new keys. The room was "ready" but struck me as a little lackluster. I can't put my finger on any one thing, but it was just okay. I think the initial impression of the first room never left my mind.

The room took some time to cool off and had two very annoying flies, which were everywhere in the area, not the hotel's fault. The balcony and view was not to be beat at you were literally right at the ocean. No long walk, it was right down below. The bathroom area worked well with a little space for someone to get ready outside of the shower/toilet area, which is helpful. The location was nice, centrally located near great restaurants, shopping, lighthouses, and the Wright Bros. NP. The desk staff was very friendly at check out. It was all fine, I just wasn't really wowed or impressed.

Room Tip: Oceanfront for sure
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KSC77
Thank you for taking the time review your stay! I am sorry that you had to experience walking into a room that was not ready, and by far not our standard!

I am pleased to see that once you settled in you were able to enjoy the stellar views and the convenient location of the hotel to the beach and other local area attractions.

We appreciate your business and hope we will see you again!

Walnut Cove, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We are a family on a tight budget and my children had never been to the beach. We stayed in an oceanfront room with two queen beds, and had a lovely experience that my children will remember for a lifetime. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, and the location was close to many of the historical attractions I wanted my kids to see in two short days. Being able to have breakfast outside near the ocean was a delight. Thank you for our wonderful vacation experience. The only thing I could suggest is that if you have small children, be aware that there are no traditional door chains at the top of the door. I was a bit worried my three year old could open the door all by herself.

Room Tip: Room 516 was quiet and had a great view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
We are so glad we could be a part of such a fantastic memory for your family! Hopefully a new tradition for you all!

Thanks for sharing your experience at the Sea Ranch Resort with the trip advisor community and feel free to contact us direct if we can assist you in planning your next Outer Banks vacation!

Manheim
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband and I stayed in one of the oceanfront queen rooms on the top floor. The view of the ocean was gorgeous as you'd expect. I loved the private balcony. It had a nice glass door instead of the annoying sliding doors we've encountered at other beach hotels in the past. And there was no air conditioner blowing heat on to the balcony since the room had central air. Overall the room was bright and cheery, clean and comfortable. There were plenty of dresser drawers for all our clothes and there was a nice under the sink cabinet where we kept bottled water and sodas during our stay. The beds were reasonably comfortable and not hard. The room was quiet as well. I never heard our next door neighbors at all and I believe there were people staying on either side of us. No annoying banging on the walls or doors slamming night. There were some very minor issues. Our bedside lamp didn't work the first night we were there, but maintenance replaced the lamp the next day. And the toilet paper roll was coming out of the wall due to poor placement. The towels were a bit scratchy and smelled of bleach, but to me that just meant they were really clean. The shower was roomy and clean. The room was pretty big and had enough room for a table and chairs and a comfy chair in the corner. The proximity to the beach was very convenient. Just a short walk down the stairs and out onto the beach. Perfect. We would definitely stay there again. It's not luxurious, but the room was perfect for our needs. Clean and comfortable with a wonderful view of the ocean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amy C
Thank you for taking time to share your review! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and all of the amenities! We hope that you will return soon!

Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I would not ever recommend that anyone stay at the see ranch resort! It's dirty, old, filled with ants, and the property is not well maintained at all. After having visited and having multiple issues, the quality of the property is absolutely not worth the price they have asked for. The only thing it has going for it is the beach - take that away and no one would ever stay there. And for anyone booking through a third party sight, buyer beware! If you have an experience like I did and ask the General Manager for a refund, she will tell you that she cannot do that because you booked through a third party but if you would have booked through the resort directly she could have given you a refund!

4 Thank Mike C
I would like the opportunity to speak to you directly concerning your July stay at the Sea Ranch Resort. While we do appreciate the time you have taken to give your feedback, I would like to address the concerns and comments that you have mentioned. Please feel free contact me direct at your convenience at info@searanchresort.com or 252-441-7126 ext 150.

Roseboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

stayed in a condo with a broken twin bed in one bedroom. The linen on all the bed was worn and would not stay on the beds. They failed to tell us that we had to remove the trash and basically clean thoroughly before we left and no housekeeping services but yet an envelope was left for gratuity. The prices were a little extreme for what you get. The restaurant was good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
We are sorry to see that you experienced these issues during your stay and hope that you brought the maintenance and housekeeping issues to the attention of the front desk so they could be addressed during your stay.

We do advise our guests and potential guests that the Condo Style Suites do not offer daily maid service on our website. All beds are made on arrival and bathe towels, hand towels, and washcloths are provided as well as a starter of paper products, dish washing soap, and laundry soap.

We truly appreciate your business and hope that you will consider returning!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Hampton Inn & Suites Outer Banks / Corolla
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,150 reviews
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,082 reviews
Surf Side Hotel
Surf Side Hotel
#1 of 13 in Nags Head
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,443 reviews

Been to Sea Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!