I would given 5 stars except for a few mishaps. The hotel is very welcoming and being just steps from the beach is a plus. We attended a wedding there over the weekend and it was very nice.
Mishaps: our air conditioning in our room went out around 12am on of course the hottest night. We couldn't get another room because they were booked solid. The night desk clerk was so rude and disrespectful. He had no clue what to do and sent up a fan for the night. It was soaking hot and needless to say we go no rest. At 8am I called the front desk (mind you I had to call to check what was going on). When I called the very nice day time clerk had no idea our air was broke and called maintenance who then called a real AC Co and had it all fixed by the early afternoon. I didn't get one sorry from a manager or anyone except for the very nice maid Candy (who went above and beyond to make our stay very welcoming). I would've liked if someone would've reached out to us especially since we had such a rough night. I wasn't looking for a free night but heck a free breakfast or lunch would've been nice.
On top of this all, the night clerk was so rude the night this all happened; he was condescending and threatened to call the cops on my 8 year old children that were in the room because other rooms were being rowdy and so he assumed our room was making the noise. It was just a bad night.
As awful as all that was I loved OBX and some of the staff were very nice and accommodating. Will I ever come back to the Sea Ranch, no! Going above and beyond on customer service is something I will always value and I didn't get that here especially with all that happened.
Hope this review helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the room accommodations that reflect a coastal color palette and modern room finishes that will create a relaxing and comfortable space for your stay. Convenient on-site amenities include an enclosed heated pool (seasonal),fitness center, outside picnic area and grill. The Sea Ranch also welcomes you to our oceanfront restaurant, the Beachside Bistro, which offers a delightful menu with a focus on American Coastal Cuisine. Join us in the dining room or on our deck where you can soak in the beautiful ocean view! Beachfront Resort: All rooms on the oceanfront and main building include: microwaves, refrigerators, Cable TV and Internet. Oceanfront Suites: 2 BR / 2 Bath fully equipped, condo style suites. Each suite offers a fully equipped kitchen, washer & dryer and living room with a sleeper sofa! Minimum of a 2 night stay required in season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sea Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Ranch Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Sea Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Sea Ranch Resort Kill Devil Hills, Outer Banks, NC