“Check in was good. Breakfast was ok. Room had an odor and...”

Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Reviewed 4 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
nagsheadbeachhotel, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel was cheaper than the other chains. We got the last room on the 1st floor right next to the entrance. There was a lot of hallway traffic and we would have wanted to move if we stayed more than one night but it was sufficient for our needs. The room was average size and had a nice little patio with 2 chairs facing the parking lot. The breakfast was minimal but adequate with toast and cereal.

Room Tip: Unless you have to have an oceanview, save the extra $ and get a room on the first floor. You will w...
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This hotel was clean and lovely. Staff was very friendly. The free breakfast was nice and the coffee (which is available all day) was very good. Beach access was right across the street so location is great. We got there early (around 11am) and even though we couldn't check in right then they were very nice and said we could use the restrooms to change in and use the pool if we would like. We did change into bathing suits and went right across the street to the beach and had a wonderful beach day until check in. This is a pet friendly hotel which is a nice thing however, it did concern me at first. Didn't know what to expect with dogs in the hotel however it was really no problem at all. All the pet friendly rooms have their own outside room entrance so you never really see or hear them. Our room was overlooking the pool with a balcony. Overlooking the pool was nice because our view was the Wright Memorial which was a lovely site. Overall, I would definitely stay here again. Oops, I almost forgot to mention that the beds were very comfy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nice and the pool was decent, however the breakfast needs work, but the staff were so friendly, Diana and Sherie told us about the best attractions and even provided is with bagel bags to put seashells in. ........,............

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 2 August 2014

What a great little find if you are used to the laid back OBX! Diana was awesome at check-in and throughout our stay! We arrived a bit early, but she got us right into our room. We were not expecting anything glamorous, but we were pleasantly surprised with the accommodations. Pool was awesome, very short walk to the beach, and being very close to our favorite restaurants made our little getaway perfect! Next time, we will bring the dog!

Room Tip: Pool side= sounds of kids playing, Oceanside= views but some traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
nagsheadbeachhotel, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Thank you for your kind words and recent stay. It is always our goal to provide guest with a great experience, clean rooms and a knowledgeable staff that is ready to do all we can for you. We are located in a central location, close to all the Outer Banks has to offer, and the Outer Banks has a great variety of restaurant's and things to do. We are Pet Friendly with all pet rooms located on the 1st floor it makes for easy outside access for pets, and for those with allergies keep in mind we do not allow pets above the 1st floor. We hope you will visit again and you can call us direct anytime at 252-441-0411.
Tabitha Filer
Front Desk'

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Upon arrival, I was checked into a room that was already occupied. Did not realize it until I was trying the room key and to my surprise, a man opened the door. Went back to the front desk, got another room, and the receptionist just laughed it off. The new room I was given, the AC didn't work because the filter was so clogged with dirt, and the door handle to the balcony was hanging off. Nobody could apparently tighten a screw or rinse the filter. Tried to just let it go and enjoy my vacation. Until I saw several species of roaches in my room, by the pool, and on my balcony. Caught a roach that was crawling on the counter where food is prepared, took it to the front desk, and demanded to speak with a manager. Requested a refund, and the manager refused. Would not even discount the rate. He said the cancellation policy was 72 hours and if I didn't want to stay there, I would still be charged for the rest of my reserved week. Not only would he not budge, but the price I paid to reserve the room thru expedia was more than what the hotel was charging people walking in off the street. There was definitely some room for at least a discount since I overpaid an average of ten dollars each night. I was given a new room, and it didn't even look like the same hotel. The new room looked renovated, had nicer linens, a nicer tv, new carpet, paint, etc. why was I put in a rundown room the first day? Also, the hotel pool looked beautiful, inviting, and clean. I could not wait to go in it. That was until I saw dogs swimming in it!! Ew! Do not stay in this hotel unless, you want to overpay for a room that hasn't been updated, deep cleaned, or maintained. You will be swimming in dog urine and might get lucky enough to take some roaches home with you. Ironic part is that I never write reviews, but upon checkout, the receptionist who checked me into the occupied room made sure she wrote down the hotel, and insisted I write a review. Bad move Diana.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mary S
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great vacation, good hotel that allows pets! Everything is accessible and easy to drive too. The hotel is extremely clean and the pool as well. Diana was great and very hospitable to work with. I enjoyed every minute.

2  Thank Amanda J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
#12 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills? Share your experiences!