Husband & I stayed first time Labor Day weekend 2010 - we returned just a few short months later before Thanksgiving. Perfect place to stay at the OBX now that we have a dog: the cottages are comfortable & roomy & relatively clean (bathrooms esp. could use updating but we are so happy to have a kitchen area to cook some meals); the location is great - a few steps to the beach, night or day; and the price is unbeatable. Despite the number of units crunched together, the Cavalier stays pretty quiet - we've never had a problem with nighttime noise or hearing our neighbors. Staff is professional & helpful, but respect your privacy. In fact, the cottage feels very private. We will return - we are happy to have found the Cavalier - sort of a hanger-on from a different era - & we like it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your "home away from home" awaits you at The Cavalier By The Sea. Friendly service is our hallmark. We believe at the end of your stay you will be satisfied and refreshed and not quite ready to leave.... and you will find yourself returning year after year as do hundreds of our previous and now regular guests. Cavalier By The Sea offers a family atmosphere. For your enjoyment we have a large swimming pool for adults, a small one for the kiddies and a large play ground equipped with swings, slides, a giant ship for the kids, shuffleboard, volleyball and picnic tables. We have comfortable rooms with queen and double beds, cable TV, microwaves and refrigerators. We also have efficiencies and two & three-bedroom cottages including living room, kitchen, and bath completely furnished for light housekeeping. You will be right on the ocean and have only a few feet to walk to enjoy it to your heart's content whether it be swimming, wading, sun bathing or surfcasting. Or if you prefer not to walk at all, enjoy watching the ocean from your front porch in our very popular ocean front rooms which, unlike most "ocean front" rooms, sit right on the beach with no dunes to block your view. We are located on the "Ocean Side" of Virginia Dare Trail (Hwy. 12) at the 8.5 mile post, diagonally across from Wright Memorial Monument and opposite the Port O'Call Restaurant. Located in the center of the Outer Banks beaches, we provide a convenient place to make your headquarters while taking short trips to other points of interest in the area, such as Roanoke Island, Hatteras and Ocracoke. Golf courses, fishing piers, deep sea, sound and inlet fishing centers, souvenir shopping, and recreational areas are readily accessible. We are open all year. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cavalier Motel Kill Devil Hills
- Cavalier Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Cavalier By The Sea Kill Devil Hills, Outer Banks, NC