“Ho Ho Ho”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Friends of ours highly recommended this place so we decided to give it a whirl! What a hoot! Very family friendly, there is even a pirate playground out back. From the moment you walk the plank to the front door you realize that this is a very unique spot! Look in the "windows" at the famous diners as you are going in, and no spoiler alert here, just look up and around after you pass through the front door! Once you are done enjoying the non-traditional decor be ready for some very adequate food. We did the lobster dinner special, an order of spaghetti and a hamburger for the little one. Menu is great, service was exceptional and experience is fun. Great family fare with something for everyone and all at an extremely reasonable price. (Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, Dad, and 1 year old grandson were the diners)

jroger1, Manager at Jolly Roger Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thanks so much for the review!!!! Jolly loves u and cant wait for u 2 visit again!!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,263)

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Went here for the first time with family and friends for an early lunch when most other places weren't open yet for the day. I've been vacationing in the Outer Banks over the past 7 years and now I see why I've never been to this restaurant, it's in a very old building with very dirty floors and paintings which made me feel like the food would be 'not so good' and it was. I had breakfast with scrambled eggs that tasted like it was cooked on a dirty grill because I could taste onions and other greasy foods that weren't mentioned to be in my eggs :-/ Food took a long time to cook. Our 5 year olds ordered pasta with cheese, it turned out to be spaghetti with a piece of microwaved white cheese slice on top. Not worth your time if you've never been there.

1  Thank sue F
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The service, the food and the atmosphere is awesome!!!!!!!!!! Very colorful and has a great theme surrounding. I have nothing bad to say about Jolly Roger. You have to try it!

Thanks for the review!!! Jolly loves u and hopes u will visit again soon!!!!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We visited the Jolly Roger for the first time because of a special they offered on Saturday nights: Lobster Mania! My wife loves lobster claws. Most places don't sell them, but the Jolly Roger offers them as an appetizer on Saturday nights. They come six to a app and my wife loved them. She turned two appetizers into a meal and was thrilled! I ordered a fried fish meal which came with flounder, jumbo shrimp, scallops, crab cake and two sides, i order fries and cole slaw. The fried meal was ok, the breading was a little thick for my taste, but it was not bad.

However I also have to mention the service. We had a wonderful lady named Sheri. She was amazing! She was so nice, in that southern charm kinda way that you expect from North Carolina. She was very attentive to our needs and never left was waiting for anything.

Then there was the dessert. Now my wife and I usually do not order desserts at restaurants, but we saw a chocolate fudge brownie with peanut butter and my wife had to try it. She was in heaven. She said it might just be the best dessert she had ever eaten!

We will return on another Saturday night for Lobster Mania. I think next time, while my wife chows down on Lobster Claws, I will try one of their Italian dishes, maybe the veal.

If you go, don't forget to ask for Sheri!

Thanks for the review!!! Jolly loves u and hopes u will visit again soon!!!! Sheri is waiting for u!!!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were given a $10 coupon to go to this "restaurant" for breakfast. Wait time was horrible, waitress was very inattentive, food was at best mediocre. At one point my husband got up and refilled his own coffee. There was no shortage of butter and creamers on the table since a women did nothing but bring more to the table over and over.

1  Thank Patricia W

Thanks for the review!!! We are sorry that your last visit was not up 2 par, as we strive for great service!!! We hope that you will give us another try, and I would like 2 send u a voucher for free breakfast on me. Please contact me via facebook , and we hope 2 hear from you soon! Susan